5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering wheel controls not working

Jsczepanski

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just bought a 2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn with the cummins in it. This is my first Ram I have ever owned. When I drove it two days before I bought it, all the steering wheel controls worked. Now, only the controls to navigate the menu near the speedo works. Cruise control, phone, and radio controls have no lights or response. I also noticed that when I walk away from the truck with my key fob in my pocket, the doors do not auto lock nor does it unlock when i walk up to the truck. I did turn that feature on in the settings. Is that normal? My 2022 f150 auto locks/ unlocks as soon as you get 12 ft from it. I appreciate the help and advice.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
This forum is for 1500 not 2500s.

The 1500s don't have an auto-lock feature, and I assume the 2500s don't either.

For the steering wheel control if you take apart your wheels you can check to make sure the connectors are plugged in.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just bought a 2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn with the cummins in it. This is my first Ram I have ever owned. When I drove it two days before I bought it, all the steering wheel controls worked. Now, only the controls to navigate the menu near the speedo works. Cruise control, phone, and radio controls have no lights or response. I also noticed that when I walk away from the truck with my key fob in my pocket, the doors do not auto lock nor does it unlock when i walk up to the truck. I did turn that feature on in the settings. Is that normal? My 2022 f150 auto locks/ unlocks as soon as you get 12 ft from it. I appreciate the help and advice.
These trucks do not have auto lock. If you have passive entry, you still need to use the button on the door handle to open or close.

As far as steering wheel controls, take it back to dealer. Hopefully they offered a limited warranty.

Cgalek

Reaction score
How the heck can a 2024 vehicle not come standard with auto door locks. Thanks for your post. I’ve been looking everywhere in the settings.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How the heck can a 2024 vehicle not come standard with auto door locks. Thanks for your post. I’ve been looking everywhere in the settings.
Because there are still eole that have the ability to hit a button to lock doors and don't need the vehicle to do it for them.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't want auto locks. I'm smart enough to lock my doors when I want them locked, but don't want to have to unlock every time I get in to grab something. I don't live in a high crime area, that I have to lock the door every time.

Users who are viewing this thread