5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Static - '21 Ram Rebel 19 Speaker Harmon Cardon Premium Sound

scurtis

Reaction score
I've owned my 2021 RAM Rebel 4x4 for about 2 months now. Since soon after delivery, I've experienced an intermittent static in the stereo system most noticeable in the front dash tweeters. Upon some start-ups - no static. While after others the pronounced scratchy static reminiscent of a blown speaker persists. Once there, turning the entertainment system off and back on has no effect. Neither does changing the input from satellite to Bluetooth or UConnect. I'm very reluctant to take this sort of issue to the dealer. Is anyone aware of a diagnosis and remedy?

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is something recent. There's another discussion about it and I think it came from an over the air update to the system. My '21 Rebel was fine until I saw the update. After that, I get intermittent static from the passenger front speakers. I think there's an update coming to fix it. I'm going solely on memory here, so doing a search might help you find the topic.

BigBootyJudy

Reaction score
I am currently experiencing the same issue with my 2021 RAM 3500. It seems every 4th or 5th engine start the dash speakers have considerable static regardless of the input to include phone use (to the point I can't understand the person on the other line). Has anyone seen a fix for this? I have an appointment with the dealer this week however when making the appointment the dealer said they have never heard of anything like this so I hate to say I'm not very hopeful.

scurtis

Reaction score
The issue of intermittent static in the front tweeters of my '21 RAM Rebel continues. I also have another intermittent problem with the touchscreen not working which disables all access to apps. Both issues are temporarily resolved by shutting down the truck, letting it sit for 30+ seconds and restarting. A very short duration shut-down doesn't typically work. I plan to wait 90 days from first reporting the issues to the dealer and check back to see if any updates have been released. In the meantime, I'm dealing with these disappointing glitches in my otherwise spectacular truck.

CRS

Reaction score
2021 Ram Rebel:
Same issue, just purchased 3 days ago, pressed the "Nav" button to enter an address and all speakers have static regardless of input.

kmr1200

Reaction score
Hopefully these issues (mine is sound only out of right speakers on an unpredictable basis) will get fixed in next firmware update.

CRS

Reaction score
No luck at dealership. Said this fix was not applicable for 21 Ram Rebel. Dealership told me to check in from time to time for a fix.

kmr1200

Reaction score
No luck at dealership. Said this fix was not applicable for 21 Ram Rebel. Dealership told me to check in from time to time for a fix.
See this page in this TRX forum...others got the same answer as you, and someone from Ram reached out. It seemed that some were able to get it resolved even after getting rejected. Frustrating!

scurtis

Reaction score
As the person that started this thread, I'm cautiously optimistic that the issue was resolved via software upgrades at the dealership. I received instruction from RAM Cares that I had an incomplete "RRT 2021 DT IP AMPLIFIER STATIC NOISE FLASH". They mentioned there had been a STAR case released regarding the matter. I communicated this info to the service manager ahead of my visit - a good idea. They confirmed the STAR case and made a software update. Roughly 10 days later, the issue of static in the front speakers has not recurred and I certainly would have expected it by now. Thank you to RAM for communicating solutions via these forums.

Now if they can get us an update that will cure the intermittent function of the 12" control screen. It simply doesn't work sometimes at start-up - for me about every two weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread