5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start up whistle noise with video

Guitarpro1992

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this high pitched whistle noise on cold start? I have 14k on my 2020 hemi non etorque and this has been doing this whistle for at least the last 8k miles. Dealer said it’s normal cold start noise as it goes away as soon as it warms up. It’s definitely not a pulley because it sounds like it’s coming from underneath. Quite annoying to listen to when first starting up.

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Can’t say that I’ve ever heard that. Do you have etorque? Maybe make a signature like mine with some truck info. A lot of us have them.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this high pitched whistle noise on cold start? I have 14k on my 2020 hemi non etorque and this has been doing this whistle for at least the last 8k miles. Dealer said it’s normal cold start noise as it goes away as soon as it warms up. It’s definitely not a pulley because it sounds like it’s coming from underneath. Quite annoying to listen to when first starting up.

I sometimes hear noises like that they come and go.
In my unprofessional opinion I would say nothing to worry about.

Guitarpro1992

Reaction score
I can’t hear anything under the hood, it’s definitely coming from underneath the truck in the exhaust pipe/transmission area. It’s hard to pinpoint. It goes away as soon as I drive off or if it idles long enough

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Maybe some exhaust component is loose and rubs with the motor running, it may stop once the metal heats and expands. Maybe check that everything’s tight

Users who are viewing this thread