5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Standard 8.4 inch Uconnect 4 vs 8.4 inch Uconnect 4C Nav

deanno33

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a difference between these two, aside from navigation of course? If I end up ordering a truck I am good with no Nav but just don't want to give something else up unknowingly.. .like HD radio or something. The build a Ram site doesn't give any detail on the standard 8.4 inch.

Also weird that as of today, the Ram site isn't giving an option to have a non-etorque hemi on the bighorn. It did yesterday, but today it's only showing me three options.

One comes with Nav and the other doesn't. That's all. There are additional modules and stuff for Nav.

Here are a few differences vincent overlooked. The non-nav unit does not receive over the air updates while the nav unit does. Also, you cannot use the uconnect app with the non-nav unit. There are cosmetic differences as well. The non-nav unit has a matte black finish on the surround, and the nav unit has a glossy black surround.

4C with Nav also has hotspot capability, and comes with 1 year Sirius Guardian.

None of this is relevant now, as you can't order a '21 with Uconnect 4 anymore. Anyone know ALL the options/differences/prices for a '22 with Uconnect 5? 8.4/8.4 nav/12? I think all of them do OTA updates, but IDK if all of them can access the Guardian app. (Doesn't matter to me, just trying to get the correct info out there for anyone who is going to order new)

Good point on U5 for 2022. The order sheet they showed me did have that (I haven't ordered yet) but the Ram site still uses U4 when you build. I figured there wasn't going to be many real changes but who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back