5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spreadsheet for maint

Viper67

Reaction score
Anyone have an excel spreadsheet for maint? Showing what to do and at what mileage? I just got my truck today and want to see if anyone has already did this. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not a bad idea to create a shared Google doc or similar - I use aCar (now bought by fuelly) to set alerts based on mileage and time - I log every fill up and it does the rest

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I downloaded myCARFAX app someone on here mentioned it and it has a whole system for entering maintenance work mileage date and even uploading receipts.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I downloaded myCARFAX app someone on here mentioned it and it has a whole system for entering maintenance work mileage date and even uploading receipts.

How's their security? I saw that thread in the 'similar posts' below but I'm generally wary of unnecessarily giving someone info that doesn't need it, not to mention, mobile apps = continuous data monitoring, pardon my tinfoil hat here, but if their app has any permission on your device, they potentially record how fast you drive, brake, where, when etc. It's the primary reason not to have insurance/health etc apps on mobile devices

(this coming from a data security person)

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How's their security? I saw that thread in the 'similar posts' below but I'm generally wary of unnecessarily giving someone info that doesn't need it, not to mention, mobile apps = continuous data monitoring, pardon my tinfoil hat here, but if their app has any permission on your device, they potentially record how fast you drive, brake, where, when etc. It's the primary reason not to have insurance/health etc apps on mobile devices

(this coming from a data security person)
So you're saying my Geico app will be monitoring my driving? Speed, braking, etc?

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So you're saying my Geico app will be monitoring my driving? Speed, braking, etc?

I can't speak for if Geico is, but it's not unheard of:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/05/new...an-be-cheaper-but-tracks-your-every-move.html

the premise of this is to track your move with your permission for express rate changes, but knowing google maps tracks your speed, position etc and ties it to your 'anonymous id', it's quite possible

*edit* just for fun I looked it up - yes, geico has the ability to view your precise gps location + a slew of other data, so your driving habits are an easy interpolation of data

GEICO Mobile - Car Insurance
GEICO Insurance

This app has access to:
c5fJsmDZCeHY1tZmeGXL12sHi8herULd72A_egjaAHylmgM-4gLiw4CuDJSzNnK5q8yxAAy4RyxtkdYzcg=s20-rw
Contacts
  • read your contacts
4rkEm_eN4F8lAtqf1avrqAQ49_IjMjRduxI5szmftCXmKzSaLsNScjM5DSGQp2qtI5R_fqj8j7aJi_G3dg=s20-rw
  • precise location (GPS and network-based)
QDYtvjtZon4TYi4-wkvfIqszmmJL258051XdtozjpIZVH-8zVoay1oBS9vw7lzDYYaDz48AzxmOY040lNqc=s20-rw
Phone
  • directly call phone numbers
pHtIujPWxciAZcfYSwlrGGq14Z984rKLMgcm9RPATLiOlbrWy-tVlelEWgED7gpktgcD1tZizVeHiO5fkw=s20-rw
Photos/Media/Files
  • read the contents of your USB storage
  • modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
aWNKQedLTpw6u6yyMjQObmuoKu67A1czWnIcvID86oAmMT02r5mNdRn6l9ZN2t2MIyH6tNy-01v7ukeQ=s20-rw
Storage
  • read the contents of your USB storage
  • modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
xbP_oGuJ21iG29iVh0p-UIZPzi_fYj8PMYiqDd9-LvaZ_a1tRcwp0I2-arfXvgX9YtfZTTaqwcLRWPNQM_c=s20-rw
Camera
  • take pictures and videos
daUjqbSOr2QpaqXS2HQbNzYzzqN2yWGzM_7AZxwFaWLT7_kIhX95HKi_HSpjeeQDOmFMENZxJqblbu_4qg=s20-rw
Microphone
  • record audio
U-_SG8pHTsqU_IyZTGQRkVMdLaAUeq1OnKGrB06KHF1z7vkkIQK3iF0HcbfTe1RnGlh-ajnZkbphl2W3Gdk=s20-rw
Wi-Fi connection information
  • view Wi-Fi connections

Other
  • receive data from Internet
  • view network connections
  • full network access
  • control vibration
  • prevent device from sleeping
  • read Google service configuration

Pressgrove

Reaction score
You can kind of do this in the Mopar owners site. It's not very intuitive (and no app), but it does allow you to save any non-dealer maintenance in the same place that dealer service and recall work is stored.

wwalljr

Reaction score
You can kind of do this in the Mopar owners site. It's not very intuitive (and no app), but it does allow you to save any non-dealer maintenance in the same place that dealer service and recall work is stored.
There is an app called RAM Toolbox on IOS. Not the best, but it’s there. Unsure how much data it collects and sends. The truck sends monthly reports so I presume this app has that data too.

Viper67

Reaction score
So the manual doesnt show very much. No mention of the diff fluid or any number of other stuff that needs to happen. Attached is what i created for the 3500. Ill get started on this but the manual is very lacking. Especially if your going to drive it more then 60k miles.

Attachments

• service.jpg
    service.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 33

Blvckr3bel

Reaction score
So the manual doesnt show very much. No mention of the diff fluid or any number of other stuff that needs to happen. Attached is what i created for the 3500. Ill get started on this but the manual is very lacking. Especially if your going to drive it more then 60k miles.
Looks great. The manual has all of that info but nothing one place so it makes it a pain in the *** when youre trying to reference

Viper67

Reaction score
My manual is ordered. I don’t see diff service change anywhere. But I’ll wait until I get it in the mail and go thru it.

Users who are viewing this thread