5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

spray in bedliner peeling

Swink55

Reaction score
So i recently traded in my 2020 gladiator and a bought a 2021 ram 1500 laramie with 44k miles. I saw it had a spray in bedliner just like my JT and i assumed it was solid. i noticed the other day while unloading some 2x4s that the bed liner is peeling in certain spots. I called the local line-x dealer to see what they could do and they said it would be about $1800 to remove and repair. Is anyone else having this issue repaired by the dealer or somewhere else? kind of annoying its peeling only after 44k miles

Wow $1,800 to remove and respray? I'm sure it's a lot of labor to remove the old stuff but for a new install the Line X dealers around here are $500.

I need to get my 2025 Laramie done but the dealer closest to me left the Line X franchise after they tried to start taking royalties after years of being known as a buy once cry once type of franchise. But, I still think I might go to them and see what they charge now that they are an independent shop, I mean they're probably using similar materials and have the guys trained well.

So i recently traded in my 2020 gladiator and a bought a 2021 ram 1500 laramie with 44k miles. I saw it had a spray in bedliner just like my JT and i assumed it was solid. i noticed the other day while unloading some 2x4s that the bed liner is peeling in certain spots. I called the local line-x dealer to see what they could do and they said it would be about $1800 to remove and repair. Is anyone else having this issue repaired by the dealer or somewhere else? kind of annoying its peeling only after 44k miles
Unless it was a factory bed liner, the dealer won't do anything. If it was line-x then it was installed after purchase, and you have no warranty on it anymore. Either live with it peeling or pay to get it redone. Sounds like whatever shop sprayed it in initially didn't prep the bed correctly

Cheapest thing is clean it really well, good wash down with dish soap, then peel up what you can, sand down the edges of where it's peeling and touch up with some roll on bed liner. Will cost you just a few bucks, some elbow grease and vastly better than paying that kind of money.

You could also just cover it up with a plastic liner, I detest those things, but it's an option if you don't mind the look.

Unless it was a factory bed liner, the dealer won't do anything. If it was line-x then it was installed after purchase, and you have no warranty on it anymore. Either live with it peeling or pay to get it redone. Sounds like whatever shop sprayed it in initially didn't prep the bed correctly
According to the build sheet it’s factory bed liner

Wow $1,800 to remove and respray? I'm sure it's a lot of labor to remove the old stuff but for a new install the Line X dealers around here are $500.

I need to get my 2025 Laramie done but the dealer closest to me left the Line X franchise after they tried to start taking royalties after years of being known as a buy once cry once type of franchise. But, I still think I might go to them and see what they charge now that they are an independent shop, I mean they're probably using similar materials and have the guys trained well.
He told me $750 for a new spray

Sounds like a “we don’t need the business but we”ll take it in for the right price” a win win either way for them. Either you way over pay or its just a nicer way of declining your business without just saying no not interested.

Call around some other places worse case maybe go the rubber mat or bed rug route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It was probably a Zeibart job, or maybe another product. In my experience, Line X is the only one that actually preps the beds by cleaning them, then sanded ever so slightly. Zeibart clearly tell you they dont sand the bed. Ive had both, Zeibart peels and chips when you abuse it. I had this problem and when I tried to call them out on it thats how I found out that they dont sand. They had my truck for a few hours. I watched them do it and it was mediocre. Newest vehicle I went with Line X. Its why Line X is generally more expensive aside from their product being superior. Took a whole day. In your case Its still is gonna be a pain to remove. When I had the same issue I threw a bed rug on it and called it a day.

It was probably a Zeibart job, or maybe another product. In my experience, Line X is the only one that actually preps the beds by cleaning them, then sanded ever so slightly. Zeibart clearly tell you they dont sand the bed. Ive had both, Zeibart peels and chips when you abuse it. I had this problem and when I tried to call them out on it thats how I found out that they dont sand. They had my truck for a few hours. I watched them do it and it was mediocre. Newest vehicle I went with Line X. Its why Line X is generally more expensive aside from their product being superior. Took a whole day. In your case Its still is gonna be a pain to remove. When I had the same issue I threw a bed rug on it and called it a day.
Line-x is average anymore for bed liners. Any any decent shop will scuff the paint in the bed prior to spraying in the liner, no matter what brand you use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Back