5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sport Appearance Parts Swap?

lambone

Reaction score
I’m sorry if this is a redundant thread but I searched and couldn’t find a thread dedicated to this topic. Maybe I just suck at searching but all I found were random posts here and there in threads about other topics.

I just bought a Laramie Trim with a 6’4” bed. None of the dealerships within a reasonable distance from me had a Laramie with the Sport Apperance package, and was in a hurry to take advantage of the Section 179 business tax write off in 2018.

So here I am considering swapping some parts to get rid of some of the chrome on my truck. I’d probly have this done at the dealership.

I know I’d like to get the Sport Hood, Grill, and Mirror Caps.

I know bumpers will be really expensive so I’m considering aftermarket like the ADD Stealth bumpers.

The parts guys at my dealership seem to be generally clueless, so I’d like to go in with some knowledge of what I’m looking for like part numbers, and prices for parts and labor.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
My Spor thood with all needed parts from the dealership was over $600. To paint said hood was over $800, and my color matched mirror caps were $36. I didn’t swap out my grill so no clue as to what that cost would be.

Last edited:
Hm, so you order it and then have to take it to an auto body shop for paint? Or would you suggest having the dealer paint it?
I prefer reputable local shops, my local shop painted white diamond tricoat and it was immaculate. All depends on what’s local to you though.

I’m sorry if this is a redundant thread but I searched and couldn’t find a thread dedicated to this topic. Maybe I just suck at searching but all I found were random posts here and there in threads about other topics.

I just bought a Laramie Trim with a 6’4” bed. None of the dealerships within a reasonable distance from me had a Laramie with the Sport Apperance package, and was in a hurry to take advantage of the Section 179 business tax write off in 2018.

So here I am considering swapping some parts to get rid of some of the chrome on my truck. I’d probly have this done at the dealership.

I know I’d like to get the Sport Hood, Grill, and Mirror Caps.

I know bumpers will be really expensive so I’m considering aftermarket like the ADD Stealth bumpers.

The parts guys at my dealership seem to be generally clueless, so I’d like to go in with some knowledge of what I’m looking for like part numbers, and prices for parts and labor.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!
I have a 2019 big horn billet silver, I would like to swap for the non sport finish. chrome grill surround and bumpers.

Where are you located? I have chrome bumpers in mint condition that id be willing to trade.
I am in sw Florida, got a pic of it? same as mine?

Attachments

• 20200130_171727.jpg
    20200130_171727.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 20200130_171752.jpg
    20200130_171752.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 72
^^^^. Darn man that is a really really nice and MEAN looking front end. I don’t know if you can tell but I like it lol.

Hm, so you order it and then have to take it to an auto body shop for paint? Or would you suggest having the dealer paint it?
You'd be better off taking it to a reputable local body shop. Many dealerships in my area don't even have their own paint and body shop, so they use local body shops anyway. And you might end up paying more for the same job if you go through your dealership, who then sends it out to a body shop. They'll want to make money off this as well, and they're usually more than happy to collect the middle man tax.

Might want to indicate you have a 3500 dually as you wouldn't be able to swap with a 1500 AFAIK.
that is why I included pics, where there no pics? Here they are again, Thanks!

Attachments

• 20200130_171727.jpg
    20200130_171727.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200130_171752.jpg
    20200130_171752.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back