5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Split Screen/Why does Nav always start up on "Where to" screen?

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When running in split screen mode why does the Nav screen always start up on the "Where to" screen?
Why doesn't Uconnect remember my preference for the Map screen? Yes, I can swipe right every time I start the truck to get to the Map screen, but is it really too much to ask an advanced computer to remember my last screen setting instead of always defaulting back to the "Where to" screen?
After 2 years now we're still ok with this?
Please fix with an update.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd also prefer it to start out at the Nav screen but it's really no different than Android Auto or Carplay doing the same thing with the destinations dialog. Must be something that people want.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd also prefer it to start out at the Nav screen but it's really no different than Android Auto or Carplay doing the same thing with the destinations dialog. Must be something that people want.
How difficult would it be to have a setting in the Nav menu that says "Remember last screen" If you don't check that option then it would default to 'Where to'.
This is absolutely ridiculous. I use the traffic feature and the speed limit feature [both on the Map screen] way more than I use the 'Where to' screen. Why does it think I always need to punch in my destination every time I start my truck?

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How difficult would it be to have a setting in the Nav menu that says "Remember last screen" If you don't check that option then it would default to 'Where to'.
This is absolutely ridiculous. I use the traffic feature and the speed limit feature [both on the Map screen] way more than I use the 'Where to' screen. Why does it think I always need to punch in my destination every time I start my truck?
We cant get them to fix bugs, I wouldn't hold my breath for a new feature ;)

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We cant get them to fix bugs, I wouldn't hold my breath for a new feature ;)
Agreed. Shame we have to refer to a computer remembering a preference as a 'feature'.
Throw it on the same pile with the 'unplug your subwoofer for better sound' feature on the HK sound system.
But I digress.

Users who are viewing this thread