5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Split screen on 12”

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my 2020 Laramie 12” I could have Waze from my iPhone on the top of the screen and SiriusXM on the bottom. I cannot figure out how to do this on my 2022 Laramie 12”. Is this possible?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, you open your carplay menu and choose XM. Then choose Waze. Then tap the bottom left menu icon to go to the home carplay screen.

8AB9D2C0-381D-4177-BBF7-AC9BA29469A7.png

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
On my 2020 Laramie 12” I could have Waze from my iPhone on the top of the screen and SiriusXM on the bottom. I cannot figure out how to do this on my 2022 Laramie 12”. Is this possible?
I hope you’ve figured this out. But for arguments sake: are you talking about CarPlay split screen or the normal radio split screen? I.E. CarPlay on top/bottom and other page (radio (SiriusXM)) on bottom/top. For the latter< hit the home button for the radio at the bottom left. That’ll bring up your split screens if you have your display setup that way. I setup one of my display pages to have CarPlay on the top and media at the bottom left with my seat icons (heated and cooled) at the bottom right. When CarPlay goes full screen after reversing like mine always does(or maybe it’s the top 1/2 displayed item), I just hit the home button to bring it back to my normal display. Again I hope you’ve already figured this out.

031F986A-BF52-419A-95C0-72684E144E60.jpeg

mac424

Reaction score
So Carplay will show on the home screen? Not sure why Android auto will not. I thought it was a uconnect issue, but I guess it's android

Roman2179

Reaction score
So Carplay will show on the home screen? Not sure why Android auto will not. I thought it was a uconnect issue, but I guess it's android
Good to know that I am not the only one. I thought I was losing mind not seeing how to add AA/Carplay to the home screen. Since I only have an Android phone, I wasn't able to test adding Carplay to the home page.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Jose's awesome!
Lol, didn't notice that when I posted. I can't get enough of into the trivia pit and devil's dozen. I think they're my favorite shows on XM.

mac424

Reaction score
Good to know that I am not the only one. I thought I was losing mind not seeing how to add AA/Carplay to the home screen. Since I only have an Android phone, I wasn't able to test adding Carplay to the home page.
Yeah that's kind of a bummer. Makes you wonder who is at fault for that miss.

TexMarQue

Reaction score
Yes, you open your carplay menu and choose XM. Then choose Waze. Then tap the bottom left menu icon to go to the home carplay screen.

View attachment 132124
Sorry to bring up an old thread...but I've been searching for a solution to the same thing. Doing it as you described, aren't you using your phone to stream SXM instead of using the SXM receiver in the truck? I ask because 1) it would drain my cell phone battery faster (I don't have the wireless charger) and 2) I wouldn't be able to scroll through my presets with the buttons on the back of my steering wheel.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread...but I've been searching for a solution to the same thing. Doing it as you described, aren't you using your phone to stream SXM instead of using the SXM receiver in the truck? I ask because 1) it would drain my cell phone battery faster (I don't have the wireless charger) and 2) I wouldn't be able to scroll through my presets with the buttons on the back of my steering wheel.
Yes, it streams through the phone. I don’t have a wireless charger either, I just connect it with a usb cord and it handles charging and data streaming. I haven’t tried changing songs with the buttons yet, but I’ll do it now that you brought that question up.

Users who are viewing this thread