5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speed adjusted volume question base w/6spkrs and ANC

lapedr

Reaction score
Is there any way to trick or fool the speed adjusted volume feature so that it remains at the high level regardless of the speed you are going? I figure the signal must come from a speed sensor on the trans letting the amp know when to increase the volume so maybe if there was a resistor or something that kept the electrical voltage or drop at the "high" level setting maybe it would stay on.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there any way to trick or fool the speed adjusted volume feature so that it remains at the high level regardless of the speed you are going? I figure the signal must come from a speed sensor on the trans letting the amp know when to increase the volume so maybe if there was a resistor or something that kept the electrical voltage or drop at the "high" level setting maybe it would stay on.
I don’t even notice that mine ever adjusts the volume. All of my other cars it’s noticeable but on my truck you can’t tell a difference.

Konrad

Reaction score
I'm fairly certain it's all digital and transmitted over the can-bus network these days. No more analog signals and easy fumbling with things for us DIY'ers :-(

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

saturn298

Reaction score
google anc bypass you can buy them.

Futureboy61

Reaction score
Just turn it off in the UConnect Audio settings menu. If speed control volume setting is set correctly, you are not supposed to hear it working. A correct setting should result in no substantially noticeable difference in sound level from the audio system when being at a stop light and traveling down the road at 40-50 MPH. I'm an OEM audio product engineer working with FCA on sound systems and I typically have my speed adjusted volume control on but typically set to the lowest level (1) in this case. On the UConnect head units, buried in the audio setting menu, you do have the ability to select the level of speed gain volume that you want or turn that feature off. I would not go into the harness and start messing with sensors and what not as all these controls are on a computer buss and you sure can mess things up unintentionally with multiple systems if you start screwing with sensors, etc.

Last edited:

saturn298

Reaction score
Just turn it off in the UConnect Audio settings menu. If speed control volume setting is set correctly, you are not supposed to hear it working. A correct setting should result in no substantially noticeable difference in sound level between from the audio system when being at a stop light and traveling down the road at 40-50 MPH. I'm an OEM audio product engineer working with FCA on sound systems and I typically have my speed adjusted volume control on but typically set to the lowest level (1) in this case with FCA. On the UConnect head units, buried in the audio setting menu you do have the ability to select the level of speed gain volume that you want or turn that feature off. I would not go into the harness and start messing with sensors and what not as all these controls are on a computer buss and you sure can mess things up unintentionally with multiple systems if you start screwing with sensors, etc.

in theory should you be able to notice to the difference from being at 40-50 to complete stop? Isnt that the point of speed controlled volume? I notice subtle volume change from 0 - 10 mph, 20 - 30 mph, 40 - 45 mph. I assume at 40 - 45 its reached the peak of auto adjusting for speed.

Your not going into a harness and messing with it your just bypassing something that doesn't fully work. I had to do it on my 17 ram because the dealer couldn't figure it out after it was given an update. can buss systems make it easy to point out the cause or issue of a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread