5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

speaker replacement

Tombato

Reaction score
does anybody know if the ANC is affected by replacing the rear speakers in the base six speaker system? I unpinned the ANC because I had replaced the front speakers but I wasn't satisfied with the way they sounded so I put the stock speakers back in and moved those which are coaxial to the back. just wondering if it would be safe to reconnect the ANC after having replaced only the rear speakers with aftermarkets. thanks in advance

I'm not 100% positive, but I believe the rear door speakers in my HK system played the ANC reverse polarity sound through the speakers when I had them in for about 2 weeks (before bypassing them with aftermarket). The bass playing the reverse road noise was most noticeable as I slowed down for a stop light.

You are probably safer to leave it bypassed.

I replaced mine with MTX el cheapos from crutchfield and it sounds great, they were not sounding good at first and I think they needed to break in or something because they sound awesome now

I swapped all the speakers when I had a 2021 big horn. My advice is to check the polarity (using a multimeter) before removing them. Then, install the new speakers the same way as the OEM ones ensuring polarity stays the same. This will allow you to keep the ANC system active and not have to bypass it. The only reason you should have to bypass the ANC is if you’re adding a sub/amp but if you’re simply JUST swapping the stock speakers for some better ones, you definitely do not need to bypass the ANC which actually works great IMO…

Here’s a thread that could help you out. It’s been a while but if memory serves me, one of the metra adapter plugs is wired backwards and so, this would reverse the polarity and cause issues with the ANC. Check this out:
Post in thread 'Base 6 speaker system 6x9 UPGRADE !'
Base 6 speaker system 6x9 UPGRADE !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back