5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SPEAKER MAJOR PROBLEM

b1andon

Reaction score
I just went to a car audio place to get subwoofers, amp, and lc2i installed. We disabled ANC because obviously you can’t use it with subs. We also disconnected my ground terminal on the battery. There are usually issues with that so when i plugged it back in, tried everything out, the regular speakers were extremely quiet. I can’t hear it until i turn it up to about 35. Even then it’s still extremely quiet and VERY crackly. The installer checked all of his wiring 10 times over and we tried everything. HELPPPP

I just went to a car audio place to get subwoofers, amp, and lc2i installed. We disabled ANC because obviously you can’t use it with subs. We also disconnected my ground terminal on the battery. There are usually issues with that so when i plugged it back in, tried everything out, the regular speakers were extremely quiet. I can’t hear it until i turn it up to about 35. Even then it’s still extremely quiet and VERY crackly. The installer checked all of his wiring 10 times over and we tried everything. HELPPPP

What ohm are the new speakers. If they don’t mesh with the system they will be very quiet. Also he may have reversed polarity on the door speakers. The ram wiring for the rear door speakers are reverse polarity so that the cone operates differently. But if you gutted out all the ram components, then the installer needs to check the components. Something simple like is the amp turning on, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back