5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spare tire not a Duratrac

Kooch80

Reaction score
Looked at my spare when I was under the truck today and it was a Falken. I didn't check the size. I'm kinda irritated that the tire doesn't match...

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yup, probably costs cutting. They are already using a cheaper wheel, makes sense they save some bucks on the spare, but at least it's a full size.

350TX

Reaction score
I would have preferred it to be another Duratrac but the Wildpeak isn’t necessarily a bad alternative. I saw on the Houston CL that someone was selling a complete set of Rebel wheels & Tires with TPMS for $800. IIRC the tires still had a lot of tread left. I thought about buying them to have a matching spare but then I’d have 3 wheels taking up space in the garage of which I have been desperately trying to clean out.

TimG

Reaction score
Mines the same way. But, like I've said on other forums/conversations..... I kind of like that its different because it forces me to make the repair quickly and return the spare to the holder before I need it again. I am a horrible procrastinator, so this helps keep me motivated lol!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mines the same way. But, like I've said on other forums/conversations..... I kind of like that its different because it forces me to make the repair quickly and return the spare to the holder before I need it again. I am a horrible procrastinator, so this helps keep me motivated lol!

Same here, if it was an exact spare, I would just leave it on. Which would not be a good idea since the tread wear would be different.

Users who are viewing this thread