5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spare Tire Lock

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my F150 - there is a keyed cover where you insert the jack to start lowering the spare tire. I've never had to use it but also never had a spare tire stolen.

It looks like most DTs have a temporary spare tire - pretty cheap. But, there's no lock on it. Do any of the DS guys have this lock and would you recommend it?

https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/82209133-fs.html

I had one on my previous vehicles. Think it was around $90. Didn't get one on my 2014. Unless you have maybe a aftermarket rim and tire I wouldn't worry too much about it for the stock one.

I believe you only get a full size spare with the off-road package or Rebel. My current truck has a full size spare tire however my car only has a pump and patch kit.
1f620.png

Craftman said:
I believe you only get a full size spare with the off-road package or Rebel. My current truck has a full size spare tire however my car only has a pump and patch kit.
1f620.png
full size comes with the off road package

mikemcfarland said:
for the $ and resale value, - it is tough to pass up on the "off road" package. imho.
I agree great price so I went with the off road package.

firecadet613 said:
On my F150 - there is a keyed cover where you insert the jack to start lowering the spare tire. I've never had to use it but also never had a spare tire stolen.

It looks like most DTs have a temporary spare tire - pretty cheap. But, there's no lock on it. Do any of the DS guys have this lock and would you recommend it?

https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/82209133-fs.html
Most dealers (including ours) installs spare-tire locks during PDI.

Also - your post just tipped me off to the non-full size spare. That's dumb. When FCA discontinued spare tires in their vehicles for "pumps" I was cheesed.

BobbiBigWheels said:
Most dealers (including ours) installs spare-tire locks during PDI.

Also - your post just tipped me off to the non-full size spare. That's dumb. When FCA discontinued spare tires in their vehicles for "pumps" I was cheesed.
Sweet, I'll have to ask my dealer. And I agree.... but in five years I've yet to use my spare. When I looked under one, seemed like the correct size just a sh***y tire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back