5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spare parts in glove box?

Cattail cruncher

Reaction score
Anyone know what the small bag of eletrical conection parts are in the glove box? I saw some of these in trucks on the lot and mine came with them 2019 laramie?

FLG8R

Reaction score
Basically just a plug for removing tailgate to prevent corrosion when tali gate is removed. I keep mine in a drawer at home. Mine says Tailgate Kit.
Any idea what the weight difference is between what you now have and a '19s aluminum gate. The one on my '16 would probably take three people if you wanted to avoid damaging it. Be nice if the '19s were light enough for one person to remove.

Flot

Reaction score
Any idea what the weight difference is between what you now have and a '19s aluminum gate. The one on my '16 would probably take three people if you wanted to avoid damaging it. Be nice if the '19s were light enough for one person to remove.

With the spring loading it feels like it weighs about 4 pounds. I'm guessing that isn't actually the case. :) There was an allpar article that claimed a 15 lb savings from the new tailgate.

Tailgate theft is a real problem. I couldn't care less what the tailgate is made of, but very happy that it now locks.

Users who are viewing this thread