5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Space under Retrax with BedRug

Desert Snow

Reaction score
Attention anyone with both a Retrax and BedRug. I have a Ram 1500 Limited on order. My preferred tonneau is the Retrax Pro MX, and I’d like to also install the BedRug bed mat.

I’m a dive instructor and need to regularly carry aluminum tanks. They have a diameter of 8”, and I’m hoping they will slide under the Retrax canister.

Can somebody who has both please measure the height available under the canister? Will the tanks fit? If not, it’s back to the drawing board for bed accessories.

Thanks!

RickWaz

Reaction score
I have the Retrax Pro MX (AWESOME Tonneau cover) + factory OEM Spray-on Bedliner + ¼" thick rubber bed mat. My clearance is 8.75". I hope that helps.

Desert Snow

Reaction score
Thanks Rick, very helpful. I think the BedRug is a bit thicker than 1/4”, but probably just in the depressions in the bed floor. I should have enough clearance for the tanks. Also appreciate your take on the Retrax.

Users who are viewing this thread