5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorting Favorites in Navagation

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My old Garmin Nuvi would sort Favorites by Distance, Because you would be using those the most.

The Uconnect does not seem to have this feature and lists them as they were input.

Any clues if this is possible?

Thanks,

Malodave

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure I understand having favorites in navigation. Isn't navigation to help you get somewhere you don't know how to get to? And once you've been there, why do you need navigation to find it again?

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I haven't discovered any way to sort recently visited places.

And for @scottmoyer I like to input the destination to get ETA as well as traffic alerts along my route. If there's nothing programmed in, if you try to find traffic alerts, you get overwhelmed. Or at least I do, in the greater Los Angeles megalopolis. With a destination programmed, I can limit it to along my route.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the nav try to reroute you, or does it just alert you to the traffic? The only reason I kept a nav window up in past cars was for traffic info, but I only used it to see how long the slow down lasted so I can reroute, if needed. I rarely use the navigation, so I wasn't sure what the benefit of favorites would be. Thanks for the feedback.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Does the nav try to reroute you, or does it just alert you to the traffic? The only reason I kept a nav window up in past cars was for traffic info, but I only used it to see how long the slow down lasted so I can reroute, if needed. I rarely use the navigation, so I wasn't sure what the benefit of favorites would be. Thanks for the feedback.
It will reroute.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Even though I know where I am going, The NAV keeps me updated on ETA.
Some destinations I have used once but I may keep in there for the off chance
I need them again. My NUVI I added POIs of all the covered bridges in New
England. So that I can photograph them if I want to. Sorting by Distance lets
me know how close I am to them.

Malodave

Users who are viewing this thread