5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOLVED: Wireless charger challenges

jdl_131

Reaction score
I've had my 2019 Longhorn for a few months and I love the wireless charger and the wireless carplay adapter that I added. It is SO convenient. One issue I ran into though is that I struggled to get the phone aligned just right so that it would charge. I sort of learned the sweet spot but still, often looked down to see the phone wasn't charging. My solution was to 3D print a block that I put to the left side of my phone so that I can quickly and easily align the phone for charging.

My 11 year old son helped me design this and we're considering selling them if anyone else thinks this would be helpful. They aren't expensive to make but it would be nice for him to make a few bucks if people are interested. I'm thinking $5 + shipping from Tulsa, OK. Let me know if you are interested! The block is 2" wide and works perfectly for my iPhone 14. If you want one, please measure on your truck to confirm 2" is the sweet spot for your phone model as well.

I customized mine to say "BattleTruck" an inside joke with my family, yours would not come with that...unless you wanted it to, haha. We can print in black, white, or gray. I printed in gray because it photographs the detail the best, obviously black would blend in the most. Other colors could be available but we'd have to buy filament so would need to charge more for the filament.

IMG_1618.JPEG

IMG_3953.JPEG

IMG_3952.JPEG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back