5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold my truck to Carvana, thought I would share the positive experience...

6spdg37s

Reaction score
So I ordered a 2019 laramie crew cab short bed sport package w/ 22"s , level 2 package, etc; I ordered thru a lease company that a few friends of mine work at, their lease price was significantly better than I was able to negotiate at any local dealer...

I owned my 2015 silverado LTZ crew cab and was planning on trading it in , their wholesaler offered 28k which i was able to get bumped to 30k (similar value to local dealers best offer) in the meantime I saw the carvana commercial and said f' it lets see what happens... put in my info and they contact me in like 12 hours. They confirm that I am in an area that offers sale pickup. They value the truck at 32k (this was private party value on KBB and NADA) I agree, send them the rest of the paperwork. 1 day later they show up at their scheduled time 6:00-6:15 pm with a certified bank check, take the plates off the truck put it on their carvana flat bed and we go on our ways.

Definitely the weirdest experience of my life. but it was a positive experience. after about 2 weeks they listed the car on their site for like 34,xxx worked out well for all parties IMO

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A friend of mine bought a car from them about a month ago and said how simple it was. Almost like ordering off of Amazon. A week later, the car shows up on a flatbed, a couple signatures and he was happy. Pretty neat.

6spdg37s

Reaction score
A friend of mine bought a car from them about a month ago and said how simple it was. Almost like ordering off of Amazon. A week later, the car shows up on a flatbed, a couple signatures and he was happy. Pretty neat.

I would be slightly more concerned with purchasing as I like to take a good look at the car, on a lift, etc ; but supposidly they run it thru their mechanics previous to listing it which is why it took them couple weeks to post the ad up

only becuase when they purchased it they didn't really do a thurough check of it

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I seem to recall they also sell through big 'vending machines'. That has to be a weird experience.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would be slightly more concerned with purchasing as I like to take a good look at the car, on a lift, etc ; but supposidly they run it thru their mechanics previous to listing it which is why it took them couple weeks to post the ad up

only becuase when they purchased it they didn't really do a thurough check of it

Yeah, me too. That's putting alot of faith into someone selling you something.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I seem to recall they also sell through big 'vending machines'. That has to be a weird experience.
They look cool (like the automatic parking garages you see overseas, and I guess they give you a “token” to use at the “vending machine” when you pick up your car. Feels like a very “my car is just a gadget” idea. Also feels like an idea that can fly in a major urban center, but wouldn’t gain much traction in a small town.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One of my coworkers bought a car from them and said it was a nightmare. I don’t remember the exact details but I know he had issues with the title and it took weeks to solve before he could get it registered.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Carvana has a 7 day/400 mi return policy which helps, plus a short limited warranty.

One of my coworkers bought a car from them and said it was a nightmare. I don’t remember the exact details but I know he had issues with the title and it took weeks to solve before he could get it registered.
I just recently bought a vehicle from Carvana, and while it took about 30 days, they completed the registration process for me and sent me plates.

Users who are viewing this thread