5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soft Reset

Ducky5

Reaction score
I skimmed through this forum and saw a lot of talk about soft resetting the 12'' screen but I didn't see any directions to perform that procedure. On my way home yesterday the uconnect wouldn't recognize my phone for Car Play through bluetooth or the cable. I was in traffic so I couldn't just shut the truck off and turn it back on. Was wondering if there was a soft reset option if/when that happens again since I'm sure it's something software related.

Sanders

Reaction score
My 8.4 has done the same thing a few times.

Alvin_TS

Reaction score
Folks,
I just stumbled upon this thread and to my surprise, this is exactly what I did earlier this week.
Early this week, while driving to work, my car play would randomly disconnect and reconnect. As well, my car play screens disappeared from my display. They have been missing now for the past few weeks.
In an effort to correct this problem, this is what I did.
- Removed my Iphone from the Ram radio bluetooth selection.
- Deleted the Ram bluetooth connection from my Iphone (Iphone 8 plus) by selecting "forget this device".
- Went into Ram Settings, scrolled to the bottom, and found the reset button. When I selected this, I was shown multiple options. I selected the option to reset the radio only.
- Reset the radio only.
- I then went to my IPhone and shut the phone off. Then, I started the Iphone back up.
- When the radio reset was complete, I then went in and paired my phone to the Ram UConnect system.
- While connecting the Iphone to the Ram UConnect, I allowed all the address books, CarPlay, Siri, etc. to connected as normal.

After completing all these tasks, my CarPlay screens re-appeared. It's been one week now and my Ram UConnect has been working perfectly!
For reference, I have a 2022 Ram 2500 Limited, and my UConnect version is Build Number: FCA-MY22.S24.13-PROD.
My 12 inch screen has been very buggy since my original purchase (May 2022). I'm hopeful that this recent activity of resetting everything will improve things in the future.

In addition, I've found one other event that will cause your Radio to misbehave.
Sometimes well be driving down the road and my wife will play with my Iphone. As she is looking at Google and such, as she scrolls down, she scrolls over advertisements that are located between news articles. If I'm listening to Satellite radio, every time she scrolls over top of an add, the radio will "SWITCH" from satellite over to CarPlay in an effort to play the add. However, since she is scrolling, the CarPlay doesn't play anything. It just turns satellite radio off. It took us a while to figure out what was going on. Once we suspected what was going on, we could easily re-produce the event.

On one other occasion, I was listening to a podcast. In the podcast, one of the speakers was named "Alexi". During the podcast, every time they referred to Alexi, my Alexa app start up and then present me with a notice that stated "Alexa will not work unless it has a wifi subscription". This happened about 10 times before I could fast forward through the podcast and the persons name was not called out anymore. Kind of funny when you think about it but very annoying while it's happening.

I hope this message helps others.

Users who are viewing this thread