5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoothest Riding Shocks

DeanM2

Reaction score
Yes, I own a Ram 1500 truck, but I don't use it like a truck. I rarely carry anything in the bed except for golf clubs. I don't tow.

I am pretty happy with the ride of my truck, most of the time. However, there are some particular road surfaces that cause it to feel like I am riding on wash board, particularly the rear-end. I want the smoothest ride I can get, all of the time.

Any suggestions for rear shocks, or other suspension mods?

Yes, I own a Ram 1500 truck, but I don't use it like a truck. I rarely carry anything in the bed except for golf clubs. I don't tow.

I am pretty happy with the ride of my truck, most of the time. However, there are some particular road surfaces that cause it to feel like I am riding on wash board, particularly the rear-end. I want the smoothest ride I can get, all of the time.

You didn't specify trim level.

maybe change the setting on the Bilstein's

Model is Big Horn. I assume (but haven't looked) they are non-adjustable shocks. Can the adjustable Bilsteins be made softer?

I keep my tire pressure pretty low (35 PSI).

You can't adjust the shocks. In you situation, you might want to go with softer coils or more progressive coils that change stiffness through the stroke. They are about the same price as new shocks,

Trade it in for a trim with the air suspension - problem solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back