5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoke after sitting all nighy

clay282

Reaction score
My 19 3.6 has been flawless. 80k miles now. Couple times now I’ve got a cloud of white smoke after a long trip and she sits overnight. It’s not every time but a couple now. Both times I don’t think about it until a cloud suddenly rolls off and it’s white. Haven’t been outside the truck so I can’t catch it to smell if it’s oil, fuel or coolant.

Any ideas? I’m asking if anyone has any ideas because I know I’ll make an appointment, take off work, sit there for 2 hours for some ole boy to suggest 3000$ of repairs that probably have nothing to do with the issue and the service ticket will say “could not duplicate” 🤦‍♂️

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
White usually indicates water vapor during combustion. Head gasket more than likely. Do you need to add water to radiator often?

If it’s blueish, the valve guide seals could be leaking oil down into the chamber when it sits. Would give a bit of smoke on startup but usually goes away.

Users who are viewing this thread