5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight acceleration delay

Rebel Rick

Reaction score
My 2021 Laramie with the 5.7L E-Torque has the same issue, especially before it is warmed up. I've talked to a dealer, and searched the internet, and this old thread was hard to find. Your experience and suggestions are appreciated!
Give option two from this post a try. it worked really well for me:

Hesitation off the line

OPTION TWO-RESET TPS & ACCELERATOR PEDAL (did once and works great so far)
1-Foot OFF of the brake and accelerator pedal
2-Press the START BUTTON until the RUN position is achieved but DO NOT start the vehicle. (If you do, turn off, open door and let everything reset before restarting).
3-Wait until all the instrument panels idiot/cycle lights go OUT (Check Engine light may stay on)
4-Slowly press the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor and then slowly let off. I think a steady and consistent motion is best.
5a-Press START BUTTON again to turn everything off. (Open Door?) Start the truck as normal. That should recalibrate the pedal so that you are using its full range of motion in synch with the throttle body's opening.
or
5b-Press Brake pedal and START BUTTON to start truck.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Give option two from this post a try. it worked really well for me:

Hesitation off the line

OPTION TWO-RESET TPS & ACCELERATOR PEDAL (did once and works great so far)
1-Foot OFF of the brake and accelerator pedal
2-Press the START BUTTON until the RUN position is achieved but DO NOT start the vehicle. (If you do, turn off, open door and let everything reset before restarting).
3-Wait until all the instrument panels idiot/cycle lights go OUT (Check Engine light may stay on)
4-Slowly press the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor and then slowly let off. I think a steady and consistent motion is best.
5a-Press START BUTTON again to turn everything off. (Open Door?) Start the truck as normal. That should recalibrate the pedal so that you are using its full range of motion in synch with the throttle body's opening.
or
5b-Press Brake pedal and START BUTTON to start truck.
This works fairly well, but it will go back to being delayed after a few drives. You’ll have to do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread