5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skipping Channels on Sirius XM

Haneyrm

Reaction score
Anybody know how to skip channels on Sirius XM? On my 2021 and my 2019, it was obvious how to skip channels or exclude them from the lineup. On this new 2022, I’m not seeing how to skip channels.

Thanks.

Haneyrm

Reaction score
Anybody figure out how to skip XM channels? When I scroll through the stations, I don’t want to have to scroll through techno, hip hop, religious, etc. stations and want to exclude them from the channel list. Was simple to do this on my 2019 Laramie and my other vehicles. On my 2019, I just checked or unchecked the stations I wanted included in the channel list.

Also, whenever you have Sirius XM as a widget on your home page, regardless of widget size, it does not indicate the name of the station anywhere. It only shows channel number in the upper left corner of the screen with a big blank space next to it. The channel name should be displayed in the big blank space next to the channel number. This is a big miss and is really annoying.

tgram

Reaction score
The way I get around this is do it is to save my XM favorites and then use the push off the button (middle button) on the left side (back of the steering wheel) - that push only jumps through my bookmarked favorites.

Haneyrm

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. Updated my favorites this morning and this works. Definitely a step backwards from the prior Uconnect system though. Odd that they would remove very basic functionality.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. Updated my favorites this morning and this works. Definitely a step backwards from the prior Uconnect system though. Odd that they would remove very basic functionality.
Different topic but I miss the favorites option (not presets) from the old system on my 2017’s 8.4. Choose favorite bands and a small notification at the top of the screen told me when they were playing then after selecting that a list of every song from my favorites was shown and can choose whichever one you want. It was very convenient.

The new favorite alert system sucks. A LARGE annoying banner pops up one at a time and doesn’t give very much info other than the band that’s playing. Huge downgrade in that regard.

BDD3DBF6-4679-432C-BB14-790DBC4159CF.jpeg

Last edited:

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I miss having the XM favorites displayed as a bottom banner while connected to CarPlay like the uconnect 4 had. Unless there’s a way to set that up, but didn’t have to on the 21 model.

PMantle

Reaction score
Bumping this thread as I just got a '24 Laramie and was used to the smaller screen on my previous Ram. The old one had a setting where you scrolled through all the XM channels and either checked or unchecked so that when you went up or down, you were only tuned to those that were unchecked. If that is available on my new truck with the 12" screen, I cannot find it. Help?

23RAM

Reaction score
Bumping this thread as I just got a '24 Laramie and was used to the smaller screen on my previous Ram. The old one had a setting where you scrolled through all the XM channels and either checked or unchecked so that when you went up or down, you were only tuned to those that were unchecked. If that is available on my new truck with the 12" screen, I cannot find it. Help?
Not sure if it's that specific feature is there or not, but what I do is add all my preset stations and then you can scroll through them with a press of the skip button on the back of the steering wheel left center.

PMantle

Reaction score
Not sure if it's that specific feature is there or not, but what I do is add all my preset stations and then you can scroll through them with a press of the skip button on the back of the steering wheel left center.
Yes, that does help. It just limits one greatly considering the number of stations available. I'll go ahead and max that out for now.

Users who are viewing this thread