5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

skid plates for rear shocks and diff

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
does anyone know of someone who makes a skid plate for the rear diff and rear shocks?

i see it for every other truck but not anything for 1500 new bodies and more so rebel …. and would a 2500 skid plate for shocks fit our 1500s? may just buy cjc off road skidplates for 2500 ram 2014+

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Wow. I never knew.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
does anyone know of someone who makes a skid plate for the rear diff and rear shocks?

i see it for every other truck but not anything for 1500 new bodies and more so rebel …. and would a 2500 skid plate for shocks fit our 1500s? may just buy cjc off road skidplates for 2500 ram 2014+
Considering not much changed from the 4th gens, I'd be willing to bet anything made for them for rear diff and shocks would work on these trucks. If not direct bolt on, very minimal "tweaking".

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score

you are the man thanks

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Considering not much changed from the 4th gens, I'd be willing to bet anything made for them for rear diff and shocks would work on these trucks. If not direct bolt on, very minimal "tweaking".
thats what i was thinking but better to ask and see who done it before i jump the gun lol

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bet. I dont need them but you never know. I may need to Off Road during the apocalypse when Im plowing down zombies. Might help with less decaying zombie flesh getting caught up in my suspension.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bet. I dont need them but you never know. I may need to Off Road during the apocalypse when Im plowing down zombies. Might help with less decaying zombie flesh getting caught up in my suspension.
I have run over a deer at 55mph with the old tubular slapper bars. Exactly how you imagine.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn. That's a good excuse. Deer are the reason I installed ditch lights.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's lube.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You don't really need that unless you're tackling Rubicon.

Been wheeling for years without one and with proper driving and tire placement you shouldn't hit your rear diff and your rear lower shock mount. Few of the guys in my offroad group has over 20+ years of experience each, did Rubicon and other difficult/ extreme trails and none of them needed that.

Even with the rare occasion that you do, it should just be a tap or a slide, and your pumpkin is more than strong enough to handle that. Same goes for the lower rear shock mount. If you're hitting that then you got bigger issues to worry about.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You don't really need that unless you're tackling Rubicon.

Been wheeling for years without one and with proper driving and tire placement you shouldn't hit your rear diff and your rear lower shock mount. Few of the guys in my offroad group has over 20+ years of experience each, did Rubicon and other difficult/ extreme trails and none of them needed that.

Even with the rare occasion that you do, it should just be a tap or a slide, and your pumpkin is more than strong enough to handle that. Same goes for the lower rear shock mount. If you're hitting that then you got bigger issues to worry about.
ok this is good feed back i guess i dont need then haha

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ok this is good feed back i guess i dont need then haha
yeap i didn't have on my 4Runner and I wheeled a lot.
I figured if I am going to need those items with good spotter then it's better off that I bring a Jeep.
Did this a couple weeks ago, lots of crawling near John Bull in Big Bear, CA. Not once did I touch rear diff or rear shock mounts.
IMG_6291.JPG
Only damage I got was on the sliders. I scraped the crap out of them. I'd say engine, tranny, and T-case skids, as well as sliders, are all you need.

Oh, and another example of how strong your pumpkin is: you can even use it as a jack point when you only have one jack and need the rear up in air!

Users who are viewing this thread