5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skid plate bolts

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anybody here know the size and thread pitch of the factory skid plate bolts for the front end and for the transfer case? I bought M8x1.25 bolts and they are too small.

OKRam1500

Reaction score
Here is the factory bolt part number from when I added the transmission skid plate:
Bolts (x2) - 6104416AA - Size M10X1.50X35.00

I ended up doing this upgrade as well. The transmission skid plate is aluminum but will provide an improvement from the complete lack of protection. The transmission plate does have a hole in the approximate location of the engine oil drain plug. I will still be adding the Fumoto Valve during my next oil change.

I matched the existing bolts that are used on the other skid plates. You only need two additional bolts as the ones on the transfer case plate also hold this plate.

Parts:
Transmission Skid Plate - 68442381AB
Bolts (x2) - 6104416AA - Size M10X1.50X35.00
Rivnuts (x2) M10

Steps:
Parked car on ramps to get some extra clearance
Removed the two bolts holding the front of the transfer case skid plate
Added transmission plate on top of the transfer plate and reinstalled bolts to position
Marked the location of the 2 holes on the front crossmember
Removed transmission plate and drilled marked locations
Installed M10 Rivnuts
Reinstall transfer case and transmission plate bolts

Total install time ~1 hour

Users who are viewing this thread