5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SiriusXM Problems

Dpoole6131

Reaction score
Well, it looks like FCA honored their word. My SiriusXM is up and working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rconiv

Reaction score
Well, it looks like FCA honored their word. My SiriusXM is up and working.

Doubt they said what they did? They told me I would need to subscribe to the streaming service, which I did, and it is working now, but would reimburse me the cost. I have a feeling there is a battle going on between the two.

I am curious how the internet stream works. When I lose the satellite in the parking garage, it gives me that option.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So is mine as it tells me my subscription is cancelled, yet it allows me to play certain stations like I did before.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I need to take that back, my Sirius is acting back up again.

Sorry to hear. Knock on wood mine has been fine. All remote commands work and my presets and favorites are all good. It only took 7 months for mine to get straightened out.

rconiv

Reaction score
So is mine as it tells me my subscription is cancelled, yet it allows me to play certain stations like I did before.
Maybe it is because they are doing their free couple day thing maybe is why it sort of works?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well now all of the stations are back, it is a mystery lol..

Darth Ram

Reaction score
My free trial ended yesterday. Been a Sirius subscriber since 2005 and always called to add new vehicles as soon as I got home from dealership. My account is in good standing and should have automatically reverted to the paid subscription. Alas, everything was wiped including the pre-sets. Called yesterday and was on the phone with a tech for almost an hour. At one point he had me turn off the truck, leave the door open and walk away with the key at least 30 feet....I was waiting for him to tell me to do the Hokey-Pokey. :) After an hour nothing worked; still only had the preview channel. Tech then told me it was a known issue and they were working on it. Would not provide a timeframe to fix as he had none to give. All he could promise was that someone would call me once they came up with a solution.

This morning the pre-sets were back but grayed out. Still only had the preview channel. The others still said "Upgrade to Listen". Looking at my account online this morning and noticed that for my Ram, it had it set to the Select package. I have always had the All-Access package (my other two cars have All-Access) so that was weird. I upgraded to the All-Access. As I am at work right now, will have them resend the signal when i take my lunch break and have time to test it out.

Sad that we spend over $60k on a truck and they cant figure out how to fix a radio.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My free trial ended yesterday. Been a Sirius subscriber since 2005 and always called to add new vehicles as soon as I got home from dealership. My account is in good standing and should have automatically reverted to the paid subscription. Alas, everything was wiped including the pre-sets. Called yesterday and was on the phone with a tech for almost an hour. At one point he had me turn off the truck, leave the door open and walk away with the key at least 30 feet....I was waiting for him to tell me to do the Hokey-Pokey. :) After an hour nothing worked; still only had the preview channel. Tech then told me it was a known issue and they were working on it. Would not provide a timeframe to fix as he had none to give. All he could promise was that someone would call me once they came up with a solution.

This morning the pre-sets were back but grayed out. Still only had the preview channel. The others still said "Upgrade to Listen". Looking at my account online this morning and noticed that for my Ram, it had it set to the Select package. I have always had the All-Access package (my other two cars have All-Access) so that was weird. I upgraded to the All-Access. As I am at work right now, will have them resend the signal when i take my lunch break and have time to test it out.

Sad that we spend over $60k on a truck and they cant figure out how to fix a radio.
That's unreal but further proof that all of the issues are on the Sirius side.

Dpoole6131

Reaction score

Do you have the 12.5 screen? If so get use to it. The problem has been around for about a year+.

I'm sent letters to both Ram and Sirius XM. It's a SiriusXM issue. Called the 360L its the new feature with connect. I received a call from Ram a few weeks back and was told I fix was being sent out in a couple day. It was, and mine worked for two days, gone again.

With no competition, SiriusXM seems at least to me in no rush to get it corrected.

There are thousands of radios screwed up.

I said the same about the amount we spent for our vehicles and expected them to work.

Class action? Any Lawyers here?

rconiv

Reaction score

I had to get the $69 (after tax) streaming plan, and then it started to work, though FCA reimbursed me for it, since they said I shouldn't have to get that. The other day they used an AR system (was handy) to get the build information from my radio since their engineer's are trying to figure out why my lifetime subscription is having that issue.

At least they contact me back. SiriusXM has said multiple times that someone would contact me, and that has never happened. Something I am trying to figure out is the streaming. When listening to a baseball game, it apparently is using streaming, and at random, it says none of the channels work, but come back later, and they work fine. Kind of sucked was going to Whistler, and was the bottom of the 9th, with one out, and it dropped out.

Darth Ram

Reaction score

Update...Sirius started working again on Tuesday afternoon. In the morning nothing, in the afternoon was driving my folks to the airport and switched from FM station to Sirius to show my dad and BOOM, Sirius is working. Today is Friday and everything is going good...knock on wood.

GeorgeL

Reaction score
Brought a new 2019 Limited home last night. Spectacular truck. However, I have been struggling to get Sirius to work. Once I got the system out of demo mode and set up my account with Sirius (long time multi-car subscriber) I have been unable to activate Sirius. After multiple calls and signal refreshes no joy. The last Sirius customer support person finally told me that there is a "known issue" and there is nothing more that can be done until the engineers figure it out. I was told to stream my service from my phone for now. Does anyone have a similar issue with their Uconnect 12 or know anything more about this situation?

Thanks,

Matt
Hi Matt. My name's George and I'm new to the site. I have a 2019 limited and all was well with the 360xl radio until my trial subscription ran out. Was on the phone with Sirius for hours and they finally told me the radio was defective and I needed to get the problem resolved at the dealer. Truck's been in the shop for 3 days with no resolution until today. Turns out when I renewed my Sirius XM I went with Select not All Access. These radios require all access. Upgraded my account and poof no more problem.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi Matt. My name's George and I'm new to the site. I have a 2019 limited and all was well with the 360xl radio until my trial subscription ran out. Was on the phone with Sirius for hours and they finally told me the radio was defective and I needed to get the problem resolved at the dealer. Truck's been in the shop for 3 days with no resolution until today. Turns out when I renewed my Sirius XM I went with Select not All Access. These radios require all access. Upgraded my account and poof no more problem.
That's insane. Why should you have to subscribe to a specific package if you don't want it? I have subscribed to the Mostly Music Package after free trials in my other vehicles for years and never had an issue. This makes zero sense and sounds like utter BS if that's what Sirius is claiming. I will not be subscribing once my trial is over if that is the case.

rconiv

Reaction score
That's insane. Why should you have to subscribe to a specific package if you don't want it? I have subscribed to the Mostly Music Package after free trials in my other vehicles for years and never had an issue. This makes zero sense and sounds like utter BS if that's what Sirius is claiming. I will not be subscribing once my trial is over if that is the case.
Guessing the all access is the only one with the streaming service, and these radio's for some reason have to have it. I have been working with FCA/Uconnect, and they got my radio software build last week, and sent it off to the engineers. Apparently they are trying to figure out why you have to have the streaming. Would think this would have been tested early on when developing the radio system, or it was, and then someone changed something in the code.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guessing the all access is the only one with the streaming service, and these radio's for some reason have to have it. I have been working with FCA/Uconnect, and they got my radio software build last week, and sent it off to the engineers. Apparently they are trying to figure out why you have to have the streaming. Would think this would have been tested early on when developing the radio system, or it was, and then someone changed something in the code.
Keep us posted. It sounds ridiculous that you can’t go with whatever package you want.

Matman43

Reaction score
Brought a new 2019 Limited home last night. Spectacular truck. However, I have been struggling to get Sirius to work. Once I got the system out of demo mode and set up my account with Sirius (long time multi-car subscriber) I have been unable to activate Sirius. After multiple calls and signal refreshes no joy. The last Sirius customer support person finally told me that there is a "known issue" and there is nothing more that can be done until the engineers figure it out. I was told to stream my service from my phone for now. Does anyone have a similar issue with their Uconnect 12 or know anything more about this situation?

Thanks,

Matt
Having the same problem with a2020 power wagon .. have you any resolution?

Matman43

Reaction score
I have a lifetime subscription with Sirius. I also have 5 years traffic, and 5 years Travel Link. I subscribe to the Guardian plan as well. (I think this service is absurdly expensive almost $200 bucks a year and Ram needs to work a better deal for their owners.)

This issue just appeared this past week with Sirius with my truck... I received a notice from Sirius my streaming subscription will be expiring soon, and my charge card will be charged in June for $72.00. I don't use the streaming feature on my computer or cell. I called, and had the service terminated. The very next day, I turn on the radio, its in the preview mode. I notice my preset channels are their, but dimmed out, and I could not change to one of them. When I arrived at my destination, I called Sirius, hoping a signal refresh would help, well I was advised by the rep, all my service was terminated yesterday, after close to an hour, my other services are reinstated, lifetime, traffic and travel. My Guardian service was not affected. I was told as signal refresh would correct everything now. It was sent..... no service.... I called back and was told another refresh signal would be sent, but let it sit over night for the upgrade to have time to install, I asked what upgrade? I was told Sirius has been rolling out a upgrade to all 2019 Ram truck owners with the 12" screen. hmmm ok, but that does not sound right to me, but I comply. Next morning I go out to check on it, no service still, just the preview station 1. I call back, another signal was sent, I was then told to allow 4 hours before I tried it..(I'm starting to feel like the fool now) I give it 5 hours, again the issue remains. I call back, this time my call is transferred to the tech people, now this person instructed me to keep the truck running for 10 minutes. at the 10 minute mark I was instructed to power down the truck, open the drivers door for 5 minutes, close it, and lock it. (Now I am the fool) Once locked, I was told to open the door, sit in the drivers seat, and start the truck. Again the issue is there. At this point she asks if my cell phone was on? I said yes, she said turn off the Bluetooth, this could be the problem with the update not being installed correctly.. sounded Simi logical, so I did, another signal is sent, again the truck is shut down, the drivers door is opened, the truck is locked. I again unlocked the truck, restarted it, and the issue is still there. I then ask to be transferred to a supervisor. I am advised she could not do that, but she will escalate the issue and I should hear back from them in approximately 7 - 10 working days. I am in total disbelief, I have to say I did get a tad bit rude, and ended the conversation (I miss the old phones when you could slam it down, and the other party would know you did, now its just touch a button lol).

I went inside, searched for hours to find a number to reach a human at the corporate level. I don't be leave any exist. I did get a recording to leave a message, in which I stated my frustration to the answering system, and demanded a customer service supervisor to contact me asap). After several hours with no return phone call, I hop on the computer and start typing a letter. I brought up my account to find my account number, guess what, my traffic and travel services are gone again... I return to the letter and an entire new paragraph was added regarding customer service. I was interrupted, the phone rang, It was a Sirius customer service supervisor. She indicated the issue is not with Sirius, but with Ram. The reference issue is 360 L, and this issue has know by Ram for the past several months, but they are not doing anything about it. Well my son works for a Ram dealer, I call him, he's at work, he has not heard of this 360 L notice. He went to the service manager who also knows nothing about it, but they have stated to receive a number of complaints over the non-connection issue.

So it appears now, the issue is not being addressed either by Sirius or Ram, and from what I have gathered is a computer programming coding issue, and don't expect any fix anytime in the near future.
That’s just great .. always something isn’t it .. have the same issue with a 2020 ram 2500 ..

JTL4P

Reaction score
Interesting how you were told the remote app failure is a known issue. I guess it depends who answers the phone at Uconnect because I was just told they never heard of the problem.
It definitely depends on who you talk. Been dealing with it for 2 YEARS. Uconnect, Ram, Sirius are worthless.

Users who are viewing this thread