5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SiriusXM pre sets

Marcus

Reaction score
I am hoping someone can help with this issue Ive seen listed back in October. I have a 2019 2500 with Uconnect 12. The Sirius radio presets worked fine for 1 1/2 years until recently and now they disappear every time I shut the vehicle off and restart. Here is what I have tried to fix this issue from this forum as well as from other sources (dealership and You Tube):
  • I had Sirius XM send a refresh signal to my radio - did not work
  • A bulletin from FCA says that the most common problem is the radio is in Demo mode and to "go to the Sirius Page and exit demo mode" - my radio is getting all Sirius stations and my account is active in my name in the settings section, so I don't think it is in demo mode?
  • I watched the You Tube video where they suggest that you create your own user and avatar (in Sirius settings) and then save it. Then assign presets to that user in the main radio screen. I tried this and the radio doesn't remember the user name and avatar that I set-up when I go to the media screen, so there is no ability to assign presets from my favorites to that name.
  • I removed connections to the main battery and then reconnected - no luck.
  • I have talked to siriusxm rep with no help.
The puzzling things is that the radio remembers all of my favorite channels, so the radio is recognizing my account and storing some information.

Talked to numerous service tech's at the dealership and no-one has any solutions other than what was listed above.

I have seen these problems have been discussed on this forum before and would hope that a solution would have been found by now.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

jmac2019

Reaction score
Marcus, did you have any luck finding a solution? My 2019 1500 is on its third 12 inch system and late Feb it starting having the exact same issue you describe. The local dealer replaced the "memory module" with no luck. The truck is scheduled to go back to the dealer on Thursday for the third time for this issue.

Since Sept 2019 the truck has been in the dealer 9 times with two radio replacements. Each replacement has fixed the reported problem with the radio, but new issues keep arising.

Users who are viewing this thread