5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SiriusXM issues

Mesteve

Reaction score
This past Saturday, we left in the morning to head in to town. The truck was parked for maybe an hour and a half. When we came back to leave, the radio would not connect to Sirius and had an error on the screen saying "No Signal Contact Dealer". The dealer is stumped (haven't been in to service yet) saying it should just work and Sirius' famous CS says they can't help. This is in a '19 classic w/ the 8.4 non-nav... (yes, we will have 2 2019 Rams in the driveway soon).

Has anyone seen this error yet? And if so, what was the cause?

Mesteve

Reaction score
Complicating things... the Service Manager pushed a refresh that seemed to make the SXM work again. Then this morning after driving to breakfast with the radio working, driving home we get the “no signal” error again.

Making matters worse, plugging in an iPhone to CarPlay makes the phones GPS go screwy. Unplugging it, it will find itself again and show the correct location. Repeatable every time the no signal error pops up...

sass

Reaction score
I think I saw a thread where some of the antenna connections into a box are loose. The box is behind a panel on passenger side.

Mesteve

Reaction score
I think I saw a thread where some of the antenna connections into a box are loose. The box is behind a panel on passenger side.

They reseated that one, the one to the radio, and the one to the antenna today... guess RAM wants to swap the radio next...

SouthernGypsy

Reaction score
Complicating things... the Service Manager pushed a refresh that seemed to make the SXM work again. Then this morning after driving to breakfast with the radio working, driving home we get the “no signal” error again.

Making matters worse, plugging in an iPhone to CarPlay makes the phones GPS go screwy. Unplugging it, it will find itself again and show the correct location. Repeatable every time the no signal error pops up...

Did you ever get this fixed?
If so how did they finally get it fixed?

My 2018 Laramie 2500HD just started doing the same thing. Always worked perfect then yesterday morning I started getting that message first on some XM channels, then within an hour all of them and has been that way since. Sirius sent a radio refresh signal, had me select reset inside of the radio, nothing makes the XM channels work. Always that "No Signal, Contact Dealer" message. The FM/AM and all other features still work fine EXCEPT I'm also having the same odd problem where when I plug in my phone for the CARPLAY features they all work except any app that uses the phones GPS keeps showing me in the middle of a cow pasture or someplace equally odd in Missouri, and I'm a long way from Missouri.

Users who are viewing this thread