5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SiriusXM Android Auto?

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We're getting unlimited data with our new phones and I'm thinking of switching my SiriusXM subscription to streaming-only. Does anyone stream SiriusXM in the truck through their phone and Android Auto? If so, how do you like it and is it usable? I've never gotten Amazon Music to work through Android Auto.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You don't Android Auto for Amazon Music. You can Bluetooth Amazon directly to the radio. Or, without BT, you can plug in and select media to stream directly from your phone.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You don't Android Auto for Amazon Music. You can Bluetooth Amazon directly to the radio. Or, without BT, you can plug in and select media to stream directly from your phone.
I will check next time I am in my truck but I'm almost certain I had the Amazon Music app as a choice within Android Auto on the Uconnect screen.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but what I was trying to say is that I don't think you need to run Amazon Music through Android Auto. I think music apps will play through bluetooth or if your wired, instead of using AA, you can just select media and it will use your phone as a media device.

I do networking and we always try to reduce the number of hops from source to destination. My thinking here is that Amazon Music is the source and the Uconnect is the destination. Running it through Android Auto makes me think that it's being processed via another hop, which could cause sound degradation or audio loss. I could be wrong in my thinking though.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but what I was trying to say is that I don't think you need to run Amazon Music through Android Auto. I think music apps will play through bluetooth or if your wired, instead of using AA, you can just select media and it will use your phone as a media device.

I do networking and we always try to reduce the number of hops from source to destination. My thinking here is that Amazon Music is the source and the Uconnect is the destination. Running it through Android Auto makes me think that it's being processed via another hop, which could cause sound degradation or audio loss. I could be wrong in my thinking though.
Oh you are right. I dont have to use AA, it works direct.. I was just trying to get it to work through AA to see if I liked it better and if I had more control.

RJS

Reaction score
We're getting unlimited data with our new phones and I'm thinking of switching my SiriusXM subscription to streaming-only. Does anyone stream SiriusXM in the truck through their phone and Android Auto? If so, how do you like it and is it usable? I've never gotten Amazon Music to work through Android Auto.
I use Amazon Music hd from the Android auto app through the cable connection. I have a Samsung Z flip3. The only issue is I can't scan through more than 6-7 songs but the sound is fine on the 12" HK system in my 19 Laramie.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use Amazon Music hd from the Android auto app through the cable connection. I have a Samsung Z flip3. The only issue is I can't scan through more than 6-7 songs but the sound is fine on the 12" HK system in my 19 Laramie.
Thanks. I can get it to load but it won't play any songs. It just shows the first one but the play button doesn't do anything. I wonder if there are permissions I need to set or something. We've got new phones arriving tomorrow so maybe it will work better on them for some reason.

RJS

Reaction score
Thanks. I can get it to load but it won't play any songs. It just shows the first one but the play button doesn't do anything. I wonder if there are permissions I need to set or something. We've got new phones arriving tomorrow so maybe it will work better on them for some reason.
I'd try the new phones first. You should be prompted for the necessary info when you use AA the first time. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread