5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sirius XM Weather Advisories!!!!!!

19BlkRam

Reaction score
Please anyone figure out how to clear these damn pop ups???

The storm was a few days ago and yet it still popping up!

Thanks

Attachments

• E1AD56DC-C498-4A0C-AE51-044E29F0E1D2.jpeg
    E1AD56DC-C498-4A0C-AE51-044E29F0E1D2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is the problem. We have to have one of the cities selected.

30248152-A9A4-49C8-BA29-5A1872D1A310.jpeg

Flot

Reaction score
Same here, I was getting weather advisories for days for the Miami area.

Ram19Va

Reaction score
I did not realize it would give weather warnings. Definitely going to play around with that tomorrow.

Maple

Reaction score
Mine told me six times today that it was windy. Yeah, no ****. Searching for ways to turn this off just yields pissed off people in Jeeps, Pacificas, Challengers, etc. I have no cities selected for alerts, but if anyone figures out how to turn these off without having to disable the entire SiriusXM suite of products, let me know.

Crozz13

Reaction score
I too have not selected a city for the traffic and weather. I still get weather alerts from several counties away from me. I found a setting in the user preferences that allows a person to disable notifications from SiriusXM. I turned that off and all it did was remove the clock from the display. All displays. Still getting weather alerts. Why can't we just have a button to turn these off?

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Sirius philosophy seems to be "annoy the customer until they realize they need us". Unless they changed recently, the weather alerts are nice in theory but poorly executed. My alerts were duplicated, triplicated, or more; when I click "ok" they disappear until I start the vehicle again. Click "ok" again. Repeat ad nauseum.

AND... are you guys getting Sirius junkmail pretty much every other day? No? Wait til your trial subscription expires. I declined to renew, essentially, out of principle. Too many companies feel entitled to bombard us with advertisements; this is an abuse of our contact data imo. Sirius will make good use of your home address.

They finally stopped mailing me so often. Now I hope they forget I ever existed.

Rich

Reaction score
A problem with these alerts is that you can't even read them! They almost always have text that is too long for the display box and end with a . . . To signify that there is more text to read, but there is no way to scroll through text nor to read the full message.

I'd like them to fix this as well as give us a method to disable pop in up messages.

rsfdevil

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to turn these off yet? I get wind advisories every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ram19Va

Reaction score
One major issue I have with the weather map is it shows Severe Thunderstorm warnings as red boxes as well as Tornado ones. I have driven through both. Severe should be yellow and Tornado red.
On a side note with Rebel factory tires I was able to outrun the tornado in a heavy downpour requiring wipers on high. Handles like a dream in the rain compared to my old car.

Users who are viewing this thread