5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sirius XM Streaming

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I live in Alaska and there is no satellite coverage here for satellite radio. I did just discover that I can stream music through the truck's cellular connection!

So my question is: 1, how long is the free trial for? 2, if I pay for the monthly package that does streaming, would I also need a separate data plan for the truck?

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
So I live in Alaska and there is no satellite coverage here for satellite radio. I did just discover that I can stream music through the truck's cellular connection!

So my question is: 1, how long is the free trial for? 2, if I pay for the monthly package that does streaming, would I also need a separate data plan for the truck?

I can tell you I ate through the free 1GB in a week and wasn’t streaming. Not sure why it ate it up so fast? I did have the hotspot on and my phone was connected till I turned off the wifi but I wasn’t streaming music from the phone either. I turned the hotspot off today and will turn it on when needed. I did use it a few times for my computer email/ company VPN because my iPhone fights me to connect and my computer connects easily to my truck LTE.

Users who are viewing this thread