5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sirius connect online when truck is in garage how and why is nav offline

Buck

Reaction score
Sirius ask to connect online when parked in garage. And shows connect on display?

Yncsss02

Reaction score
Sirius ask to connect online when parked in garage. And shows connect on display?
Can u post a pic of screen showing it's connected? Trying to figure out if it's actually connected somehow or just a display.

RJS

Reaction score
Can u post a pic of screen showing it's connected? Trying to figure out if it's actually connected somehow or just a display.
It's connected, my 12" does that when I pull into my polebarn, it says connect through wireless. Decided to try it one day and Sirius radio came back on playing the station I was listening to when I backed in. My 19 Laramie has uconnect but I'm not paying for the service so I'm not sure if it uses it or my cellphone connection but it does connect. I do have wireless internet in the polebarn but the radio didn't ask for a password.
I can't tell you why but SiriusXM does work in my truck if you tell it to connect through wireless.

Buck

Reaction score
On the road in big trk today
The display same display as wifi display on phone
Does this when ever trk is under cover or inside

RJS

Reaction score
On the road in big trk today
The display same display as wifi display on phone
Does this when ever trk is under cover or inside
If I read your question correctly you are asking does it work inside a building. Yup! My polebarn is steel sided and SirusXM does not work in it but if I push the "connect through wireless" icon XM works.

Buck

Reaction score
It's connected, my 12" does that when I pull into my polebarn, it says connect through wireless. Decided to try it one day and Sirius radio came back on playing the station I was listening to when I backed in. My 19 Laramie has uconnect but I'm not paying for the service so I'm not sure if it uses it or my cellphone connection but it does connect. I do have wireless internet in the polebarn but the radio didn't ask for a password.
I can't tell you why but SiriusXM does work in my truck if you tell it to connect through wireless.
So is there no wireless connection for nav
Instead 12 inch shows offline when you can see it has the ability to connect
Have waited a year for update
Be for I ordered the Longhorn trks on the lot and video showed online search
Thanks for your help

And I know I posted in wrong location. woops

Yncsss02

Reaction score
So is there no wireless connection for nav
Instead 12 inch shows offline when you can see it has the ability to connect
Have waited a year for update
Be for I ordered the Longhorn trks on the lot and video showed online search
Thanks for your help

And I know I posted in wrong location. woops
So today when my radio was unable to get a signal in the carwash it asked if I wanted to connect via the internet...Sounds like that is what he is dealing with. When I clicked yes it appear to be connected through my phone, until I powered by phone off and back on.

mbearden

Reaction score
I received that same prompt while sitting in drive-thru picking up dinner one night. The satellite signal was blocked because of buildings, etc. I received the prompt to connect via the internet. I OK'd the request and music began streaming. At first I thought it was connecting through my phone. But when I got back home I realized my phone had been laying on the kitchen counter the entire time. I'm not sure how it worked...but it did :)

Users who are viewing this thread