5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side mirror swap?

jman17

Reaction score
Has anyone actually swapped the tow mirrors to the regular side mirrors?
Surround camera, temperature sensor, folding button and adjustment buttons all still work? Anything I need to know before I do it?
Also, in the attached picture I show the button to turn on the projector lights mounted in the tow mirrors. I assume this button will just not work after the swap right?

Attachments

• IMG_1911.jpg
    IMG_1911.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 37

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As far as I know unless it's different on the TRX that button you have circled control's your cargo light's in your bed...

jman17

Reaction score
As far as I know unless it's different on the TRX that button you have circled control's your cargo light's in your bed...
You’re right. It’s that light as you said, and the projector lights in the town mirror. So if mirrors got swapped, it would still control the bed light. Figured it out today!

RamSteel

Reaction score
The 360 camera setup would not align. I've been looking into this myself and so far you lose the projector lights and those cameras being aligned. The trick is apparently getting the code for the tow mirrors REMOVED by the dealership and they have to contact FCA to get that change done at the VIN level. AlfaOBD appears to have the option to say if tow mirrors are present but no one has done the swap to the point of testing out the theory. It's a huge leap of faith :) There certainly appears to be enough that want to do the swap in the other direction that we just need to get those parties together to try it so it can be reversed out if needed. and/or find a mirror and just go for it :)

St-na

Reaction score
It's possible, check the thread "How to install 360surround view camera" You just need correct CVPM module.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/