5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side Mirror entry/exit lights ?

jsmith032

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Limited and I’m using a Razer DT that folds the side mirrors when I lock the doors. I noticed the other night when I went to unlock the doors that there are no side entry mirrors or lights anywhere? My Ford plat had them. Am I missing something?

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There are lights on the underside of the mirror that can illuminate the ground upon unlock, but they can be turned off in the settings in UConnect. Not sure if the Razer DT would interfere with those settings, but I'd take a look in UConnect settings first.

jsmith032

Reaction score
Couldn’t seem to find the option in the uConnect settings. Do you happen to know where it’s at?

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I never seen settings in Uconnect for those. Mine have always just been on. Not sure if they can be turned off or not.

jsmith032

Reaction score
My DT auto folds on lock. When I unlock the windows stay folded and the lights don’t turn on underneath them….

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was mistaken; its not in UConnect, but a separate button on the overhead console. I never use it, so forgot where it was, my apologies. This button shuts off all the lights (or at least most) that come on when you open/close the doors, including the ones in the bottom of the mirror. It has a little orange LED that lights up when its "engaged" (lights off).

1629254995736.png

Also, after turning the button off (button LED is off) so that the lights all work, you'll have to open the door again, or close/open again, before the mirror lights will come on.

jsmith032

Reaction score
I was mistaken; its not in UConnect, but a separate button on the overhead console. I never use it, so forgot where it was, my apologies. This button shuts off all the lights (or at least most) that come on when you open/close the doors, including the ones in the bottom of the mirror. It has a little orange LED that lights up when its "engaged" (lights off).

View attachment 103203

Also, after turning the button off (button LED is off) so that the lights all work, you'll have to open the door again, or close/open again, before the mirror lights will come on.
That was it. I had it off because I don’t like the interior lights turning on when you open the doors. Seems like it’s either all on or all off.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That was it. I had it off because I don’t like the interior lights turning on when you open the doors. Seems like it’s either all on or all off.

That is my understanding as well, all off, or all on. All or nothing. Glad we found your issue!

jsmith032

Reaction score
That is my understanding as well, all off, or all on. All or nothing. Glad we found your issue!
Speaking of lights. Any idea what these are called? Nothing in the manual. Seems as if they dim the interior mood lights and turn the brightness way up/down on the uConnect.

Attachments

• C2734DA0-3EA6-4D17-9F5D-36237C068BE2.jpeg
    C2734DA0-3EA6-4D17-9F5D-36237C068BE2.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 24

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Speaking of lights. Any idea what these are called? Nothing in the manual. Seems as if they dim the interior mood lights and turn the brightness way up/down on the uConnect.
Those are rheostats. Look up "dimmer control" in the manual.

I like the Ctrl F function on the pdf manual, myself

Users who are viewing this thread