5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shutting Off Ram Marketing Notifications

funkyjiblets

Reaction score
Hi Everyone -
Does anyone know how to shut off the Ram Marketing notifications that appear on the Uconnect screen each time the truck is started? Its basically an entire screen that takes over the Uconnect until you click OK to acknowledge that you've read it. My Navigation subscription expired and now I get a Marketing Notifications asking me to call and renew every time I start up the truck. I reached out to Ram and was told there is no way to shut if off. Hoping someone has a fix as it is really quite annoying.
Thanks for the help!
-David

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You mean the safety warning notification?, I don't think I've seen anything regarding marketing pop up. If that's the case, I think all cars have those pop up by law or something, I've seen aftermarket units do the same thing. I don't think you can turn it off. Then there are weather warning guidance that pops up from time to time, would love those to go away after the first warning.

I don't always see it, in fact I rarely see it. I usually remote start, so maybe there is a limited time it's up and goes away and by the time I sit down it's already off. My wireless Android Auto is usually already logged in before I sit down and already playing Youtube Music.

EDIT: I missed the part about the navigation subscription, that's insane, I would be pissed if that kept popping up. I don't remember signing up for NAV subscription, is that a special program you get? I've never seen anything about that on my screen.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi Everyone -
Does anyone know how to shut off the Ram Marketing notifications that appear on the Uconnect screen each time the truck is started? Its basically an entire screen that takes over the Uconnect until you click OK to acknowledge that you've read it. My Navigation subscription expired and now I get a Marketing Notifications asking me to call and renew every time I start up the truck. I reached out to Ram and was told there is no way to shut if off. Hoping someone has a fix as it is really quite annoying.
Thanks for the help!
-David
Sounds like SiriusXM and not Ram. Maybe call them.

funkyjiblets

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Its definitely Ram - the message title is Ram Uconnect Marketing Notification. It started popping up once my NAV subscription expired.

funkyjiblets

Reaction score
I did email the Ram Connect support address and received a response stating that this cannot be turned off and they were going to close my case. So, I called the number and was told the same thing and kept asking for it to be escalated and finally spoke to someone who said this message is supposed to appear for 10 days and then disappear. When I told them the message on mine has been showing up for the last 3-4 weeks, I was told they'd have to open a technical support case to figure out why. So, that's where I am right now...still getting the message and haven't heard anything from Ram Connect about how to get it to stop. It's ridiculous that this can't be opted out of or shut off directly from the message itself and just makes me annoyed now every time I see it. Oh and by the way Ram Connect...if you are going to spam me with marketing messages, at least make sure they are grammatically correct.

Luigi_dfw

Reaction score
I did email the Ram Connect support address and received a response stating that this cannot be turned off and they were going to close my case. So, I called the number and was told the same thing and kept asking for it to be escalated and finally spoke to someone who said this message is supposed to appear for 10 days and then disappear. When I told them the message on mine has been showing up for the last 3-4 weeks, I was told they'd have to open a technical support case to figure out why. So, that's where I am right now...still getting the message and haven't heard anything from Ram Connect about how to get it to stop. It's ridiculous that this can't be opted out of or shut off directly from the message itself and just makes me annoyed now every time I see it. Oh and by the way Ram Connect...if you are going to spam me with marketing messages, at least make sure they are grammatically correct.
I've been getting that same message for 6+ week now. I've talked to 3 different reps from RAM connect who said the same BS they told you. I'm just learning to deal with it at this point.

If you get resolution, please share so I can do the same.

packer27

Reaction score
I think I finally figured this out after having it for about 2 months myself. If you go to apps and down to ‘Notices’, you should have one called Marketing Notification in there with an x next to it. If you hit the x it should clear the notification from popping up.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is weird. Do you have Uconnect 4 or 5?

I had my '19 (5th gen) RAM for just over 3 years. I never saw a message like that.

The only subscription I ever paid for was my Sirus subscriptions. IIRC, there are/were 2. One for SiriusXM satellite radio and a separate one for the "Uconnect" stuff (Sirius Guardian?) - e.g. ability to remote start or remote unlock my truck from the Uconnect app on my phone, etc. I did pay for both of those.

Users who are viewing this thread