5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shorty Headers for 2022 - HELP!!!

22WhiteLightning

Reaction score
Today, I received an e-mail stating my 2022 RAM 1500 should be delivered in 1-3 weeks. I'm psyched! I've been lurking on this site for the past few months but now I need to tap into some of the expertise on here.

I'm interested in installing short tube headers (myself, yikes!) but I'm having issues getting clear information. When I look at the Kooks website (model #35201110) or the JBA website (model #1961S-3) both websites say they only fit 2019-2020. I contacted both companies and they essentially said they have not fit them to the 2021 or 2022 yet so they can't confirm they fit. Which means they may or may not fit. However, I see a couple of retail websites (i.e. RealTruck) that show these fit 2019-current. So, my questions are :-

1. What are the chances these headers will fit 2019-2020 but NOT fit 2021-2022? I assume if they fit 2020 they will fit 2021-2022 but, maybe that's a bad assumption.
2. Can anyone one here comment on how these fit? How difficult of install? I read one post on here that the AFE have a couple of bolts that are near impossible to access due to the tubes blocking them. I think the poster ended up using studs and nuts. (a very helpful post). I understand all headers will be a snug fit with some bolts that may be challenging to access. I would love to hear from anyone who has installed wither of these headers.
3. Which ever header I choose, I was looking at having them ceramic coated locally. It's my understanding ceramic coated headers do not need/should not be wrapped. Any thoughts? (am I opening a can of worms??)
4. Is there anything special I need to look for when having them coated? Local guys all tell me their coating is for 2,000 degrees and they spray inside and outside.

Any input/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I've been driving the same slow *** Honda pilot for nearly 15 years. I CANNOT wait to get my new RAM and start customizing it to be exactly what I want. It will be perfect to get my son involved and learning as well.

ais122

Reaction score
Just wondering if you got any updates, as I just made an identical post!

Leinhauser01

Reaction score
The engines are the same. I don't see why there'd be any issue
I agree. The only issue might be that the Shorty Headers haven’t been tested on the newest Ram trucks so they can’t guarantee fitment. BUT, it should fit fine.

Users who are viewing this thread