5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Short wheel spacers

Fillet1

Reaction score
I have a new 22 eco Laramie with 18” wheels. I bought some 20 limited wheels and an waiting on delivery. I am putting new AT tires in stock size on. (Conti terrain contacts - which I can’t recommend enough if you like quiet ride and great economy)

I would like a little wider look in the wheel well. If I went with a 1” spacer is there any downside?

GMTEKK

Reaction score
I have a new 22 eco Laramie with 18” wheels. I bought some 20 limited wheels and an waiting on delivery. I am putting new AT tires in stock size on. (Conti terrain contacts - which I can’t recommend enough if you like quiet ride and great economy)

I would like a little wider look in the wheel well. If I went with a 1” spacer is there any downside?
Not at all. I just put on a 2 inch spacer. Just do yourself a favor and buy quality spacers, and hub centric.

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
There are actually issues with anything under 1.25" or 1.5" spacers.
Stud length, pocket on the back of the wheel, ect... do some searching.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

The front has a 1/2" wider track than the rear, meaning 1/4" on each side. If you want front to rear to be even, you need 1/4" thicker spaces in rear.

Also, with 1" spacers, you may get some contact on the wheel from the factory lugs. There are some who have reported no issues, but my 2020 BTS had slight contact. I was able to torque wheels down finez but when I removed them to rotate I noticed he marks on wheels. I removed the non-threaded nipple on each stud and all was good. If you don't feel comfortable trimming your factory lugs, you will need 1.25" spacers to be safe. Which 1.25" soacer will make front tires poke out 1/2" and rears by 1/4"

Users who are viewing this thread