5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shock Sensor

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm in the final stages of do I jump ship from Ford to Ram...trying to see what I'd miss about Ford and if Ram has something comparable.

I was able to add a shock sensor onto my Ford and it works with the factory alarm (nothing fancy - just if a door is opened up). But, it'll also alert me via email/text if the shock sensor goes off or a door is breached since I have the app on my phone - which also allows me to start/stop/unlock/lock my truck from my phone, no matter how far away I may be.

I've learned there is a UConnect App, so I'm covered on that front, but is there the ability to add a shock sensor to work in tandem with it?

D

Deleted member103

firecadet613 said:
I'm in the final stages of do I jump ship from Ford to Ram...trying to see what I'd miss about Ford and if Ram has something comparable.

I was able to add a shock sensor onto my Ford and it works with the factory alarm (nothing fancy - just if a door is opened up). But, it'll also alert me via email/text if the shock sensor goes off or a door is breached since I have the app on my phone - which also allows me to start/stop/unlock/lock my truck from my phone, no matter how far away I may be.

I've learned there is a UConnect App, so I'm covered on that front, but is there the ability to add a shock sensor to work in tandem with it?
Sounds to me like you are NOT remotely ready to "jump ship" but, what do I know . . . bette yet, who cares; it is TOTALLY your decision and you will ultimately do what you feel is best for YOU . . . GOOD Luck and "Fair Winds and Following Seas" on that "ship" of yours !
1f610.png

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure I'd say that....just want to be informed. There isn't a whole ton of info out on the '19 Rams as of yet...This is all stuff I had known and planned in advance when I switched from a '14 to '16 F150...

Users who are viewing this thread