5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shock Sensor for Factory Alarm Add On (http://www.addshocksensor.com)

SeanO

Reaction score
I know there are other threads about this topic but decided to post a fresh thread.

I ordered and installed the aftermarket shock sensor for the factory alarm system from www.addshocksensor.com.
It's the same shop down in Miami with all the YOUTUBE videos.

I called the phone number in Miami 305-298-4814 and after the person knew I was serious about buying it answered all my questions BEFORE I bought the unit.
(Understand that they are not giving away their proprietary information unless they know you are buying their product.)

A lot of people are concerned with altering the wiring of your truck, DON'T BE ALARMED (could not resist the play on words)
I installed it with 2 - micro2 fuse taps and a T-Tap wire connector to the trigger wire.
Everything can be undone back to factory settings. Total installation time was about 30 to 60 Minutes.

Shock sensor RED power wire to constant power in fuse box. (I used Micro2 fuse tap and fuse F33 after using test light to find constant power in a fuse)
Shock sensor YELLOW key on power to key on power in fuse box. (Per instruction video from shop used Micro2 fuse tap and fuse F49) This wire tells the unit not to set off alarm when driving.
Shock sensor BLACK to ground under kick plate. (Screw and other ground wire is right there when you take off kick plate)
Shock sensor BLUE to trigger wire under kick plate. (Hardest Part of install)

Hardest part was finding the trigger wire (Purple with grey tracer) in the "hundred" wires behind the drivers side kick plate.
Also please note it is the THIN wire that you hook up as trigger wire to blue wire on the shock sensor.
There is a thicker wire that is purple and looks like a grey tracer, but I think it is like greenish.

I mounted the shock sensor with wire tie to metal dash support (where you screw the cover back on for access to fuse panel closet to drivers side door).
cleaned up all the other wires and modules behind kick plate. I will see if gives off too many false alarms and adjust accordingly if does.

I am very happy I added the shock sensor to the factory alarm. I am still amazed that $50 K plus trucks do not already come with it installed.

22EW61_AS02.jpg NWMDC.jpg

jrr907

Reaction score
I have this same setup installed on my 2020 ram 1500 longhorn from addshocksensor.com it works great with factory alarm systems. I only get false alarms when there's a bad thunderstorm or a vehicle with a very very loud exhaust system passes by my truck. But the alarm reset itself after 2 to 3 mins after being activated. Price is very reasonable for the added security.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
both these threads have died
any one have any updates?

SeanO

Reaction score
What update do you need?
My shock sensor is still working perfectly.
Only get false alarms in really bad weather.

s2000gtx

Reaction score
I know there are other threads about this topic but decided to post a fresh thread.

I ordered and installed the aftermarket shock sensor for the factory alarm system from www.addshocksensor.com.
It's the same shop down in Miami with all the YOUTUBE videos.

I called the phone number in Miami 305-298-4814 and after the person knew I was serious about buying it answered all my questions BEFORE I bought the unit.
(Understand that they are not giving away their proprietary information unless they know you are buying their product.)

A lot of people are concerned with altering the wiring of your truck, DON'T BE ALARMED (could not resist the play on words)
I installed it with 2 - micro2 fuse taps and a T-Tap wire connector to the trigger wire.
Everything can be undone back to factory settings. Total installation time was about 30 to 60 Minutes.

Shock sensor RED power wire to constant power in fuse box. (I used Micro2 fuse tap and fuse F33 after using test light to find constant power in a fuse)
Shock sensor YELLOW key on power to key on power in fuse box. (Per instruction video from shop used Micro2 fuse tap and fuse F49) This wire tells the unit not to set off alarm when driving.
Shock sensor BLACK to ground under kick plate. (Screw and other ground wire is right there when you take off kick plate)
Shock sensor BLUE to trigger wire under kick plate. (Hardest Part of install)

Hardest part was finding the trigger wire (Purple with grey tracer) in the "hundred" wires behind the drivers side kick plate.
Also please note it is the THIN wire that you hook up as trigger wire to blue wire on the shock sensor.
There is a thicker wire that is purple and looks like a grey tracer, but I think it is like greenish.

I mounted the shock sensor with wire tie to metal dash support (where you screw the cover back on for access to fuse panel closet to drivers side door).
cleaned up all the other wires and modules behind kick plate. I will see if gives off too many false alarms and adjust accordingly if does.

I am very happy I added the shock sensor to the factory alarm. I am still amazed that $50 K plus trucks do not already come with it installed.

View attachment 71040 View attachment 71042
How much did you pay for the shock sensor?

Users who are viewing this thread