5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shift to P and then desire gear

LuisRam2019

Reaction score
Hi, out there .
I need help with this issue :
I have a Dodge Ram 1500 2019 Big Horn , and i have a previous post about it but nobody replay me.
I been taking my truck to the Dealer for few times and they can't find why my truck at low speed and in withing the first 2 miles, something happened that it stop and the D in the shifter and the D in the screen start blinking and the truck it doesn't go no more you put gas and just the RPM going up , the truck doesn't move move and a massage appear in the screen Shift to P and then desire gear.
Please if someone have any idea have could happen I will really appreciate, this issue is driving me crazy and the Dealer is totally lost.
Thanks.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you checked your door latches to make sure the doors are all fully closed? If you open a door on the truck while in gear it will automatically shift into P to prevent you from moving with an open door, maybe your sensor or latch is malfunctioning.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This seems to be a more and more common issue, there doesn't seem to be a consistent (or known, really) cause. My truck has also done this multiple times and the dealer cannot explain (or reproduce it, which is frustrating).

Users who are viewing this thread