5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service ABS and traction control

Holdbrooks

Reaction score
I have a ‘19 Laramie 4WD with eTorque that sat idle for about 10 days while on vacation. Upon starting it for the first time, the messages “service antilock brake system” followed by “service electronic stability control” followed by “4WD system temporarily unavailable” appeared in the dash. Cruise control will not work either. Notably, there was a good bit of corrosion visible on the rotors. Even though the check engine light is on, no error codes were detected. Disconnected the battery, but issue remains. I also checked the fuses which seemed fine.

Any advise on what steps to take next would be greatly appreciated.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
does your truck have air suspension? my last truck had it , and when problem with air suspension occured, i also had all the messages your having

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a ‘19 Laramie 4WD with eTorque that sat idle for about 10 days while on vacation. Upon starting it for the first time, the messages “service antilock brake system” followed by “service electronic stability control” followed by “4WD system temporarily unavailable” appeared in the dash. Cruise control will not work either. Notably, there was a good bit of corrosion visible on the rotors. Even though the check engine light is on, no error codes were detected. Disconnected the battery, but issue remains. I also checked the fuses which seemed fine.

Any advise on what steps to take next would be greatly appreciated.
My 21 had same exact issue, after the 4 th. trip to the dealer they finally figured it out. Broken wires on on driver side, behind mud flap area where wires go under the hood. Orange and Green wire I believe!

Last edited:

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 21 had same exact issue, after the 4 th. trip to the dealer they finally figured it out. Broken wires on on driver side, behind mud flap area where wires go under the hood. Orange and Green wire I believe!

Attachments

• C7F354DE-E14A-4732-8884-CCC19267ED81.jpeg
    C7F354DE-E14A-4732-8884-CCC19267ED81.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 26

tclapp0316

Reaction score
Thank you all for sharing.. I am having this same issue now. Will look into this and see what we can find.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I agree, most likely speed sensor. All those systems need speed sensing. If dash light is on, there should be a code. How was code checked? A lot of auto parts stores, for example use code readers, that read limited codes. Rusty rotors are common on all Mopars after sitting. It's the alloy they use. Driving a short distance cleans it up.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Get a scan tool hooked up and see if there are any active codes. If the scan tool is a good one then you should be able to view live wheel speed sensor data.

Users who are viewing this thread