5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service 4WD system-intermittent

Rebel_driver

Reaction score
I’ve been getting an intermittent message popping up on my dash about servicing the 4WD system. It’s been happening for a few months now. It happens at random times although there is some pattern to it. Usually the light doesn’t stay on for long. I’ve done some extensive research on multiple forums and it seems to be an issue in the JL wrangler with a faulty sensor inside the rear diff. I went to the dealer to try and source the sensor as it pertains to my Ram, but no luck with that. The dealer indicated that the sensor itself is integrated into the rear diff core so purchasing the entire core is the only option, at $1200+ ofcourse. I’ve found a picture on another Ram forum regarding this and it turned out to be a chaffed wire inside the diff. Has anyone had a similar issue with their Ram? I’d like to tear into the rear diff to investigate this but just not sure how accessible it is and how much I’d have to take apart.

Attachments

• IMG_0626.jpeg
    IMG_0626.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Back