5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sentry CT install - MFT but no BUG

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
I have a Sentry CT sitting in my office that I'll be installing on my 21 Limited that has MFT but no BUG.

I've seen some references to rails on various tonneau cover installs, and I assume that is because the cover utilizes the rails that are included with the BUG.

As I do not have BUG...will I run into any problems? Do I need to add the factory rails first?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is the thread for the multi function tailgate. I do not have a MFT but from reading the forum I believe many covers do not work because of the bracket, many have changed the bracket out with an after market so the covers will fit. The Sentry CT does not need the BUG rails (cargo rails) for installation. Best of luck with your install and Ram.

Scottygolf

Reaction score
I have the Sentry (non CT, I have Vinyl cover but same otherwise) and if you ordered the correct one that fits the MFT then you do not require the Right On Brackets. I installed mine without having to change the brackets. I have the BUG, but the BUG rails were irrelevant in the install of the cover. Might be easier not to have to work around. Good Luck

Last edited:

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread