5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Select Tire Fill Alert

TexasDrone

Reaction score
ef6280010b3bd07f8654a9ef35216082.jpg

Anyone know how these feature works. Saw it on the Uconnect screen under apps. Wouldn’t let me do anything with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ef6280010b3bd07f8654a9ef35216082.jpg

Anyone know how these feature works. Saw it on the Uconnect screen under apps. Wouldn’t let me do anything with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
According to your owner’s manual:

“Tire Fill Alert
This feature notifies the user when the placard tire pressure is attained while inflating or deflating the tire.
The customer may choose to disable or enable the Tire Fill Alert feature through use of the customer settings in the radio.

NOTE:
• Only one tire can be filled at a time when using the Tire Fill Alert system.
• The Tire Fill Alert feature cannot be entered if an existing TPM system fault is set to “active” or if the system is in deactivation mode (if equipped).
The system will be activated when there is over 1.5 psi (10 kPa) of change in tire pressure. The ignition must be in the RUN mode, with the transmission in PARK (P).
NOTE: It is not required to have the engine running to enter Tire Fill Alert mode.
The hazard lamps will come on to confirm the vehicle is in Tire Fill Alert mode.
When Tire Fill Alert Mode is entered, the tire pressure display screen will be displayed in the instrument cluster.
Operation:
• The horn will chirp to let the user know when to stop filling the tire, when it reaches recommended pressure.
• The horn will chirp three times if the tire is over filled and will continue to chirp every five seconds if the user continues to inflate the tire.
• The horn will chirp once again when enough air is let out to reach proper inflation level.
• The horn will also chirp three times if the tire is then under-inflated and will continue to chirp every five seconds if the user continues to deflate the tire.”

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have that on mine (I don't think) .. 8.4
HOWEVER,
When I drove to work the other morning (after we hit 17*F overnight), I did get the typical dash warning to fill tires. So I pulled into my bay at work and grabbed the air filler which has the PSI gauge on it (digital). I kept hearing my horn go off and I was like, WTH!?
One of the Master Techs came over and was like, yeah, it tells you when your tires have been inflated enough for the dash warning to go off .. I was like, "stop pulling my leg .. seriously, why is it doing that." .. LOL
as we always say "RTFOM!" pg 213 -214 Tire Fill Alert

touche' master tech .. touche'

Tmcb

Reaction score
According to your owner’s manual:

“Tire Fill Alert
This feature notifies the user when the placard tire pressure is attained while inflating or deflating the tire.
The customer may choose to disable or enable the Tire Fill Alert feature through use of the customer settings in the radio.

NOTE:
• Only one tire can be filled at a time when using the Tire Fill Alert system.
• The Tire Fill Alert feature cannot be entered if an existing TPM system fault is set to “active” or if the system is in deactivation mode (if equipped).
The system will be activated when there is over 1.5 psi (10 kPa) of change in tire pressure. The ignition must be in the RUN mode, with the transmission in PARK (P).
NOTE: It is not required to have the engine running to enter Tire Fill Alert mode.
The hazard lamps will come on to confirm the vehicle is in Tire Fill Alert mode.
When Tire Fill Alert Mode is entered, the tire pressure display screen will be displayed in the instrument cluster.
Operation:
• The horn will chirp to let the user know when to stop filling the tire, when it reaches recommended pressure.
• The horn will chirp three times if the tire is over filled and will continue to chirp every five seconds if the user continues to inflate the tire.
• The horn will chirp once again when enough air is let out to reach proper inflation level.
• The horn will also chirp three times if the tire is then under-inflated and will continue to chirp every five seconds if the user continues to deflate the tire.”
I have the feature. I turn it on in settings. When I turn the truck off and restart, it is always off. Is this the way it should be? You have to turn it on when filling tires?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the feature. I turn it on in settings. When I turn the truck off and restart, it is always off. Is this the way it should be? You have to turn it on when filling tires?
I’d have to double-check, but I’m guessing that’s correct (that it’s only a temporary mode and needs to be enabled each time). I use a nice digital gauge, so I don’t even bother with the onboard system...I guess I should test it out!

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tested it out for the first time this morning when an alert came on that I was low in one tire. I got the single honk with each tire I filled and quickly detached the air pressure. Went to look afterwards on the dash setting and ended up with everywhere between 36 and 40 psi on the tires. None having the same ending pressure. I think I'll stick with my digital gauge

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I’d have to double-check, but I’m guessing that’s correct (that it’s only a temporary mode and needs to be enabled each time). I use a nice digital gauge, so I don’t even bother with the onboard system...I guess I should test it out!
Hmm. Mine was enabled shortly after I bought my truck, and for the fun of it, I tried this a couple of weeks ago, and guess what, it alerted me w/o issues, so apparently it’s set it once and forget it, which is nice.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I tested it out for the first time this morning when an alert came on that I was low in one tire. I got the single honk with each tire I filled and quickly detached the air pressure. Went to look afterwards on the dash setting and ended up with everywhere between 36 and 40 psi on the tires. None having the same ending pressure. I think I'll stick with my digital gauge
Mine was pretty accurate on three tires when I last used this (for the first time). Two were spot on and another one 1 psi off. I over filled one tire, but that’s on me). Still, I’ll stick to using the gauge, but this is nice to have in a pinch.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
In my opinion those TPMS are estimates only and a good tire pressure gauge is always best. Easier to use then the tire fill alert as well.

i honestly run mine about 1/2 pound lower than recommended as they heat up anyway.

DeV

Reaction score
Reviving old topic here, but I've only had the truck beep at me one time when filling tires....never on any of the other tires and never again on the one it did it for the one time...

yes, setting is on....
tire needed more than 1.5 psi....
vehicle running and in park....

ScubaZ66

Reaction score
What happens once you decide to change tires and go with another brand or tire size that requires a different PSI? Can you adjust the spec's in the UConnect5 system to account for the new tire pressure?

I also went with Falken Wildpeak AT3 295/70/18. Curious as to what is the best tire pressure to inflate my new tires when running empty. I run empty for most of the year only hauling a trailer occasionally.

Seems I read somewhere there is a chart that will calculate the best PSI to run. Can someone help me in the area? Thanks

ScubaZ66

Reaction score
Reading through this Forum I'm seeing (TFA) Tire Fill Alert and (STFA) Select-able Tire Fill Alert. I believe there is a difference as TFA is set up with a predetermined tire pressure from the factory based on tires that came with the truck and STFA is a programmable feature where the customer can set the desired pressure base on aftermarket tires ratings and recommended tire pressures.

I put on aftermarket tires and done a chalk test to determine the best tire pressure to attain the best tread wear and ride comfort. Front is 55psi and rear is 60 psi which still meets factory axle weight recommendations according to my VIN. (Note: I don't tow heavy loads except for a couple times a year and know I need to increase tire pressure if I decide to tow heavy). MAX psi in my aftermarket tires is 80psi

Factory Recomenations based on label attached to the door jam is 60psi front and 65psi rear so I currently have a 10psi difference yet my system doesn't alert me to low tire pressure. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the system?

My UConnect5 System is currently matching the PSI of each tire (within 2psi) but I cannot find anywhere in the UConnect System to change these settings. I can activate the Tire Fill Alert system within the UConnect5 System, but my horn doesn't honk nor does my flashers activate while adding air to the tires.

I have a 2022 Big Horn 2500. Is this another feature RAM took away because of the chip shortage? How can I tell if my system as the Selectable System?

I'm asking the fine folks here on the Forum because they are more knowledgeable than most dealer service departments.... lol

UPDATE: Found it deep within the apps. I was able to change tire pressures to match my configuration.

Last edited:

DeV

Reaction score
What happens once you decide to change tires and go with another brand or tire size that requires a different PSI? Can you adjust the spec's in the UConnect5 system to account for the new tire pressure?

I also went with Falken Wildpeak AT3 295/70/18. Curious as to what is the best tire pressure to inflate my new tires when running empty. I run empty for most of the year only hauling a trailer occasionally.

Seems I read somewhere there is a chart that will calculate the best PSI to run. Can someone help me in the area? Thanks
Does yours actually work?

Update to my last post - I've had it honk at me two more times, so 3 total.....twice it has honked at me and been fairly accurate at OEM psi specs...
the 3rd time, it didn't honk at me until I was done filling the tire, cap back on, and I just got back in the truck....

other than those 3x, never worked - and I was filling it daily to a faulty tire that needed air every day during the winter

ScubaZ66

Reaction score
Does yours actually work?

Update to my last post - I've had it honk at me two more times, so 3 total.....twice it has honked at me and been fairly accurate at OEM psi specs...
the 3rd time, it didn't honk at me until I was done filling the tire, cap back on, and I just got back in the truck....

other than those 3x, never worked - and I was filling it daily to a faulty tire that needed air every day during the winter
Not Sure! I can arm the TFA system but the flashers are suppose to flash while filling a tire and then once the PSI reaches the required amount the horn is supposed to honk one time. If you over fill the system will alert you with three honks of the horn so you can reduce the psi until the horn honks once again.

What is the required amount? Did the Factory set the system to equal the same pressures as identified on the door jam?

I think the first thing we need to figure out is what system is installed in out 2022 2500 trucks. Is it he TFA system or the STFA system? the STFA system allows you to adjust the PSI within the computer of he UConnect5 system.

Do you know which one you have?

Last edited:

DeV

Reaction score
Not Sure! I can arm the TFA system but the flashers are suppose to flash while filling a tire and then once the PSI reaches the required amount the horn is supposed to honk one time. If you over fill the system will alert you with three honks of the horn so you can reduce the psi until the horn honks once again.

What is the required amount? Did the Factory set the system to equal the same pressures as identified on the door jam?

I think the first thing we need to figure out is what system is installed in out 2022 2500 trucks. Is it he TFA system or the STFA system? the STFA system allows you to adjust the PSI within the computer of he UConnect5 system.

Do you know which one you have?
I have a 2019 Limited, so if the 2022 has fancier stuff, I probably have the lower tech...
That being said, it's just a feature that has never worked properly for me...the lights do flash while I'm filling up, but the horn never did anything beyond those 3 times

ScubaZ66

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Limited, so if the 2022 has fancier stuff, I probably have the lower tech...
That being said, it's just a feature that has never worked properly for me...the lights do flash while I'm filling up, but the horn never did anything beyond those 3 times
UConnect5 is new for 2022 so probably a newer software. Lights flashing may be nice if you are inflating your tires at night, but having the honk gets your attention both during the day and night..... LOL

Granite5gen

Reaction score
Reading through this Forum I'm seeing (TFA) Tire Fill Alert and (STFA) Select-able Tire Fill Alert. I believe there is a difference as TFA is set up with a predetermined tire pressure from the factory based on tires that came with the truck and STFA is a programmable feature where the customer can set the desired pressure base on aftermarket tires ratings and recommended tire pressures.

I put on aftermarket tires and done a chalk test to determine the best tire pressure to attain the best tread wear and ride comfort. Front is 55psi and rear is 60 psi which still meets factory axle weight recommendations according to my VIN. (Note: I don't tow heavy loads except for a couple times a year and know I need to increase tire pressure if I decide to tow heavy). MAX psi in my aftermarket tires is 80psi

Factory Recomenations based on label attached to the door jam is 60psi front and 65psi rear so I currently have a 10psi difference yet my system doesn't alert me to low tire pressure. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the system?

My UConnect5 System is currently matching the PSI of each tire (within 2psi) but I cannot find anywhere in the UConnect System to change these settings. I can activate the Tire Fill Alert system within the UConnect5 System, but my horn doesn't honk nor does my flashers activate while adding air to the tires.

I have a 2022 Big Horn 2500. Is this another feature RAM took away because of the chip shortage? How can I tell if my system as the Selectable System?

I'm asking the fine folks here on the Forum because they are more knowledgeable than most dealer service departments.... lol

UPDATE: Found it deep within the apps. I was able to change tire pressures to match my configuration.
I have a 2019 ram2500 big horn and I have the stfa and like someone mentioned it turns off with truck so I have to turn back on everytime

Granite5gen

Reaction score
I have a 2019 ram2500 big horn and I have the stfa and like someone mentioned it turns off with truck so I have to turn back on everytime
I also have aftermarket wheels and tires and would like to be able to use the stfa so the tire light doesn't come on

Users who are viewing this thread