5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeking Pro Tips - Fog Light Mod

Meodom

Reaction score
Okay……I’ve come to the point in my mod I’ve been avoiding! I have my fog lights in, the OEM harness installed, Mike’s harness installed and the wire run through the firewall. It’s time to tackle pinning the BCM. I’ve read countless threads in prep to tackle this. I’m looking for any tips and encouragement I can get before I start what looks to be a real pain in the a$$!

I’ll take any tips y’all throw my way!

Some specifics I’d like to ask about.

1. The right fog (C4) connection is done one handed and seemingly in the blind. Tips on releasing the lock bar on the cover and popping the wire harness out of the cover one handed? Seems you need a small screw driver to pry the harness out of the cover. How is that accomplished one handed?

2. Same as above, is a screwdriver not required to detent the tab locking the harness cover locking bar to release it?

3. Anything I can/should try to move out of the way other than the connections in the BCM to the left of C4?

4. Anyone out there attempted this and couldn’t get it done?

5. How long did it take?

6. Should I remove the kick plate under the steering wheel for better access?

7. Finally, how many beers do I need to buy for this part of the project!?

Thatjusthappened82

Reaction score
I just did the Baja design pocket fogs upgrade today. I took out the factory fogs and put 2xS2 sports on each side in the Baja brackets. That being said, I dropped the bumper for some other mods and did the fogs while I had it off. I also opted to skip the OEM fog switch and made custom harnesses to run them off my switchpro.

That being said, it was easy with the bumper off… and you’re basically doing everything to get to the fog lights except removing the wire harness and pulling the 6x18mm bolts.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For anyone watching, Jimmy may not jump in here because member has the same thread running on HDRAMS and he's helping over there.

Users who are viewing this thread