5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Security Thoughts on trucks other than TRX

410DelmonicoSport

Reaction score
That’s fine to attempt to defeat it, but again you miss the point. If it’s concealed properly, the extra time it takes to try to get around it will allow the vehicle owner to be alerted of the attempted theft. At the end of the day everything is just a deterrent. If someone wants it bad enough they will get it.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That’s fine to attempt to defeat it, but again you miss the point. If it’s concealed properly, the extra time it takes to try to get around it will allow the vehicle owner to be alerted of the attempted theft. At the end of the day everything is just a deterrent. If someone wants it bad enough they will get it.

I'm not missing anything. If a well hidden system can be defeated in a few minutes, it won't matter, unless the owner is very close to the truck. If it's parked at the airport, sporting event, concert, etc...it's gone.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
and here is what will happen to you if you try to stop a thief.

Air’d outSRT

Reaction score
Well that’s all depending on who installs it. I guarantee you with the way I install the systems, you’re not bypassing it before the owner knows you’re trying. I’ve had several that they attempted by breaking the window like usual, and that was as far as they got. Owners just had to replace glass, not vehicles. Again, not saying the IGLA isn’t solid, but the Compustar set up is dependent on the quality of your installer.
It doesn’t matter how you install the spts, it can be bypassed in seconds and it can stay installed 100%. You can still delete and make a key too. I am a compustar pro dealer and fly all over the country installing full security packages and won’t install something that is a total waste of time and money like the current spts. If it was a viable option then they wouldn’t have seen my video and freaked out. If you would like to know how fast and easy it is message me.

Users who are viewing this thread