5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

seatbelt stuck on baby seat

catch21

Reaction score
I just got my 2020 laramie last week. I have 2 young kids, both in booster seats. today we went out and my son got stuck when we got home.
the seatbelt had retracted when he unbuckled it, yet was wrapped up on the booster seat arm rest. I was unable to loosen the belt to get it around the arm rest.
trying to force his way out, he ended up making the belt even tighter.

I ended up having to take off his coat, pants and shoes and wiggle him out. even that took a little time doing and it hurt him a bit.

is there anyway to get the seatbelt to disengage? incase this happens again, which im sure it will.

thanks in advance

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Short answer: no.

What happened was that the seatbelt was pulled out all the way to the stop. When that happens, it will retract fine, but won't loosen unless it first gets fully retracted. That's the way it is designed --- to lock a car seat in place. There's no override. It might even be government-mandated. You had the armrest in the way so you had a stalemate going on.

If you attach something to the belt to prevent it from extending completely to the stop, then it won't retract. It won;t let you have it both ways.

The only solution is to take great care to either not pull the belt out to full stop or to make sure it has a clear path back so it can retract. Not much of a solution. :(

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
this happened in a family members buick enclave a few weeks ago. had to unbolt the belt from the floor in order to release it.

Users who are viewing this thread