5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Searching to replace my 4th Gen in PNW

abdavis88

Reaction score
Hi all

I am looking to replace my 4th Gen after 7 years for a 5th Gen. Not an easy task with so many trims and packages to sort through and with limited supply. I may just have to order one, well see.
My Tradesman sport edition with lift, 20' Black Rinos and decent sound system upgrade will be hard to replace. I do want Crew Cab, pref 6 seats and no Chrome anywhere.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum .
A Big Horn with the Sport Appearance option or Rebel would work for no chrome .

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome
A 6 seat is gonna be tricky to configure with some packages even if you build one, and the ones already on the lot have chrome.
Atleast thats what i noticed in my search. But good luck
I also upgraded from a 4th gen tradesman,
And got everything but a 6 seat which sure was handy in the 4th gen when tailgating or traveling with the dog

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome
A 6 seat is gonna be tricky to configure with some packages even if you build one, and the ones already on the lot have chrome.
Atleast thats what i noticed in my search. But good luck
I also upgraded from a 4th gen tradesman,
And got everything but a 6 seat which sure was handy in the 4th gen when tailgating or traveling with the dog
I'll second the 6 seat issue. I wanted cloth and 6 passenger seating and had to do the Bighorn when I did my build. Some people have swapped out seating. If you do a build take a look at the Bed Utility Group (BUG). It is a pretty good value package.
Best of luck with your quest.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll second the 6 seat issue. I wanted cloth and 6 passenger seating and had to do the Bighorn when I did my build. Some people have swapped out seating. If you do a build take a look at the Bed Utility Group (BUG). It is a pretty good value package.
Best of luck with your quest.
I almost pulled the trigger 2 weeks ago on a jump seat swap.
local guy was selling laramie jump seat for $500 which in my mind was a great price but decided to wait some more with my center console

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just make a list of the features you "need" and a list of features you "want" and go through each trim.
Besides the side of the hood the tradesman can come in all black, and I believe you can pop off the plastic piece on the hood and wrap or paint it to be all black.

Take the rims\tires off your existing truck and throw some cheap crap from the junk yard or something on it before you get rid of it if you are selling it.

abdavis88

Reaction score
Just make a list of the features you "need" and a list of features you "want" and go through each trim.
Besides the side of the hood the tradesman can come in all black, and I believe you can pop off the plastic piece on the hood and wrap or paint it to be all black.

Take the rims\tires off your existing truck and throw some cheap crap from the junk yard or something on it before you get rid of it if you are selling it.
great call on this. I will probably get the 6 seats I really want and deal with the chrome as you mentioned. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread