5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Themes not working

SColang22

Reaction score
Does it notify you when it gets updated? I have not seen any updates on mine. Would you mind posting what version you are on so I can check mine?
No it doesn’t notify you. If you go to their website you can type your VIN in and it will tell you if it’s update

FFemerson

Reaction score
It’s kind of BS that they took away features from the 4th gen to the 5th. I had a 2018 Bighorn that had themes and the sirius guardian features. Now somehow a 2020 with the same exact radio doesn’t have these features. Removing them, especially the themes, had to of been an active choice by them, since it’s the same exact radio.

Samson75

Reaction score
They release one in May. I forget when the other one was. You won’t get notified the software updated.
You mean the one where the dash theme keeps swapping to skin 1 default no matter what the radio theme is!?!?? Drives me nuts

SColang22

Reaction score
You mean the one where the dash theme keeps swapping to skin 1 default no matter what the radio theme is!?!?? Drives me nuts
That’s been an issue for over a year. The one in May was suppose to fix it and obviously it did not

SColang22

Reaction score
Call me crazy here but I did the diablo tuner with the new PCM and now my screens hold the same theme.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
BigHorn and Laramie owners with 4C system, "Theme" feature only available if you have Navigation.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Tazer is different though. I did nothing that would cause it to hold besides a PCM change
This is exactly what the problem is. Error while initiating communication with the PCM. An override on the PCM solve this problem.

If you notice when the switching occurs, it's right after the Welcome logo on the TFT screen and right before it gets the parameters from the main deck.

Tybee Ram

Reaction score
All, may want to try and set a screen theme and see how long it lasts on your cluster. I set mine the other day just to check and it hadn’t turned back to default for 2 days. Will update if it goes back eventually.
It is very random with me. Sometimes it will go days without changing. Other times it does it several time a day.

Rick3019

Reaction score
It is very random with me. Sometimes it will go days without changing. Other times it does it several time a day.
I’m waiting for someone that got the new update to let us know if it fixed it. I noticed with mine it’s something to do with the radio waking up before the truck is started for example when I remote start my truck I unlock it first and wait 10 to 15 seconds and then remote start and it works every time. Same thing when normal starting unlock first take my time put my seatbelt on and it works but if I just jump in the truck and start it right away it defaults to Factory

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I’m waiting for someone that got the new update to let us know if it fixed it. I noticed with mine it’s something to do with the radio waking up before the truck is started for example when I remote start my truck I unlock it first and wait 10 to 15 seconds and then remote start and it works every time. Same thing when normal starting unlock first take my time put my seatbelt on and it works but if I just jump in the truck and start it right away it defaults to Factory
Hmm interesting...

Users who are viewing this thread